• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam [SOLVED] After updating to 1.4.1772 my application won't launch on Mac

[SOLVED]

The trickiest part about this will be that I don't have the problem, only my users and friends.

I released my game "The Caribbean Sail" onto Steam a couple days ago and all went well but achievements weren't working for Linux and the only good solution was to update my Game Maker: Studio version to 1.4.1772 and there was another fix in it I pushed for Windows and Mac too- but, the new compiler creates applications that work perfectly fine for me, but won't launch for my friends or users on Mac which makes it impossible for me to replicate and repair.

The install location didn't change so it's not about configuring the depot, the only thing I know I haven't done right is properly codesign through the mac- but the previous version worked without doing so and besides taking days to download and update my mac and xcode- (slow internet) there are compatibility reasons I can't update it for.

If someone else has encountered this problem let me know ASAP, I can't find anything online or in the forums about it.

If you have a Mac and want to help me sort this out, I'll friend you on Steam and give you a key to access the beta and try to collect more data.

Last edited: