• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android (Solved) Admob personalised ads

Tony M

Hi all,

I am trying to understand how Android Google Consent and the Admob personalised ads work, in particular the
GoogleMobileAds_ConsentSetAllowPersonalizedAds function that is part of the Google play extension.

I would have expected it to work this way.

GoogleMobileAds_ConsentSetAllowPersonalizedAds(true); // shows the user Personalised ads
GoogleMobileAds_ConsentSetAllowPersonalizedAds(false); // shows the user Non-Personalised ads

In the Yoyo help pages, there is a script sample that shows as setting it to true for PERSONALISED and NON_PERSONALISED.

if async_load[? "status"] == "PERSONALISED"
{
GoogleMobileAds_ConsentSetAllowPersonalizedAds(true);
}
else if async_load[? "status"] == "NON_PERSONALISED"
{
}

Link:
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019956652-iOS-and-Android-Google-Consent-SDK

I am guessing that this is a typo and the second should be set to false?

I also found another thread that described it the opposite to how I interpreted it.

GoogleMobileAds_ConsentSetAllowPersonalizedAd(true/false);
Setting it;
TRUE = Gets you NON-personalized ad.
FALSE = Gets you personalized ad.
Link:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/admob-implementation.58500/

Is there any official documentation where I can check or can someone confirm the correct method for using the function?

Thanks.

Tony M

Help document has now been updated:

if async_load[? "status"] == "PERSONALISED"
{
}
else if async_load[? "status"] == "NON_PERSONALISED"
{
GoogleMobileAds_ConsentSetAllowPersonalizedAds(false);
}