• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] Admob Interstitial Ads: Failed to load ad

G

GrandFree

I've been able to get my ads to work before but all of a sudden randomly they just do not want to load:

This comes completely out of the blue. I've tried cleaning my project as well but alas the same thing happens. It was working a couple days ago. I've also tried toggling test ads on and off, still the same problem.

What's even stranger is..I even made a test room where this code is never run:
Code:
GoogleMobileAds_LoadInterstitial()
Yet...in the console output it still tries to load an ad? What?

GMStudio v1.4.1804
Samsung S8

Google Play Services Extension

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Have you tried using some of googles own AD ID's for testing? The error code 0 means: "Something happened internally; for instance, an invalid response was received from the ad server.", which suggests that maybe something is wrong with the ad ID... Also, could it be that the Samsung has updated and is no longer registered as a test device? Worth checking that and making sure it's all okay. Also, have you been testing using live ads? If you have been and you've been clicking them, then it could be that google has disabled them as fraudulent click-through, so check your admob dashboard.

G

GrandFree

Have you tried using some of googles own AD ID's for testing? The error code 0 means: "Something happened internally; for instance, an invalid response was received from the ad server.", which suggests that maybe something is wrong with the ad ID... Also, could it be that the Samsung has updated and is no longer registered as a test device? Worth checking that and making sure it's all okay. Also, have you been testing using live ads? If you have been and you've been clicking them, then it could be that google has disabled them as fraudulent click-through, so check your admob dashboard.
I have actually used one of their test ad ID's, it didn't work.

The only thing that worked was restarting my phone completely. It's so strange, I'm guessing it had something to do with cache?

Anyways it seems it's resolved for now. Thank you.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
The only thing that worked was restarting my phone completely. It's so strange, I'm guessing it had something to do with cache?
No idea! That's tech for you... always reboot everything when faced with weird errors. :)

Thanks for letting us know it's solved!

thehk12

Trust me, restarting your phone is the only solution that works for me. I was feeling frustrated and reading every blog available on this error. 'Restarting the phone will fix this error' is completely nonsense, but that nonsense worked! Thanks, @GrandFree.