Discussion [SOLVED] Adding extra frame(s) from file to sprite's existing list of frames

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by camerakid, Dec 2, 2018.

1. camerakid

camerakid Member

Hey Guys,

Actually is there any way to add to your existing sprite's frames an extra frame from file?

The problem for me that in many cases I use like 20-40 subframes and I do have to change them time to time... but as I see in GMS 2 version it is not possible to add only one frame to the existing list or I did not find how to do that...

can anyone please help me out?

Thanks,

Attila

2. ph101

ph101 Member

Hiya,

I don't think you can change your sprites like that at runtime. You could generate whole new ones using sprite_add_from_surface or sprite_add. The problem though is that every one made will be on a new texture page.

There is this great looking extension which could help in that respect though? https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4543/custom-sprite-framework

3. camerakid

camerakid Member

Thank you for your kind reply.

Amm... I think I have been talking something else... I meant to say not in runtime but in the Sprite/Image Editor... I did not find any way to change only one frame in the Image Editor not all the
    sprite frames at once.

EDIT IMAGE: opens Image Editor.
    IMPORT only imports and overwrites all frames.
    "+" icon adds only a blank frame.

No way to add a frame from file to the frames already in the list.

UDPATE: actually the only way that worked is to open the image separately CTRL+C and CTRL+v will copy a new frame to the list.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  4. ph101

ph101 Member

Haha ok well ignore my reply :D But yeah you know I had this problem recently - open sprite to edit then CTRL + F will add from a file as a subimage.

edit. sorry false info, I meant ctrl + shift + a :D

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    camerakid likes this.
  5. camerakid

camerakid Member

Thank you. I have tried this shortkey but does not seem to work for me... I will make some more research on this maybe there is another key for that in GMS2.x

6. ph101

ph101 Member

Ah sorry I should have checked - CTRL + SHIFT + A is the one you want i think

camerakid likes this.
  7. camerakid

camerakid Member

AH thank you that is the ONE!

8. ph101

ph101 Member

no problem us train station guys have to stick together ;)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 12:29 PM
    camerakid likes this.
  9. camerakid

camerakid Member

Exactly. So excited about your project! Hopefully your game comes out soon so I can get to play in a marvelous subway system :D

ph101 likes this.