• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[solved]achievement_login() not working

Kahrabaa

Hello, I would really like to get started with adding leaderboards and achievement but I cant seem to get my game to login in using achievement_login. Please help or point me in the right direction.

Problem:
Whenever i call achievement login, either at the start of the game or midgame. It opens up a google play menu attempting to login then giving an error message saying "Failed to sign in. Please check your network connection and try again." Same problem both with 1.4 and EA 1.9

The compiler shows:
Code:
 onConnectionFailed called with result:ConnectionResult{statusCode=
SIGN_IN_REQUIRED, resolution=PendingIntent{6926ef1: android.os.BinderProxy@2bec4552}, message=null}
-I tried another game from play store to test the google game app and it logged in with no problem (a small slide comes down from top of the screen showing my account name and logo)
-Ive entered appID into global settings from the developer console and Linked the app in game
services.
-Ive enabled game services in globalsettings and downloaded the extension.
-I found this topic https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...n-google-play-services-extension-2-9-0.20946/ but since I downloaded another game from the store and the login worked, there has to be no problem with an update or inactive google app. According to his solution.

My info:
Target SDK: 23
Min SDK: 17
Compile SDK: 23
Support Lib: 23.2.1
Build Tools: 25.0.2

upload_2017-4-13_3-5-6.png

Thank you.

Edit: Btw I accidentaly published the game on play store with 2 capital letters in the package name. Hope thats okay. Admob/showing ads works fine.

Edit: Hehehe, I apologize, I should have dug deeper first. Apparently I had to complete some more steps on the developer console to be able to start working on GMS. I needed to add 5 achievements and add my Google Play account as a testing device on my site. Now it works! Im so happy =D
This here helped me.
http://www.fm-studio.net/blog/gmstudio-add-google-play-games-1/

Last edited:
R

Riel Arthur Soliven

Mine only works only when USB port is attached to the pc when I compile. If I upload it in google play it will show this error: "Failed to sign in. Please check your network connection and try again."

J

JunkwareAPPS

I can access game services in testing mode. Once I 'publish' the game services, google play fails to sign in during the game.

Any answers to this? Testing is fine but once google play services is published it doesnt work.