• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM (solved) Accept sdk license agreement

Sk8dududu

I was getting pretty pissed off at my laptop just randomly deleting folders so I factory reset the whole thing, and started this android build process from scratch. I followed the guide to the T, but the error I'm receiving is,
Code:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.vis_0_10'.
> You have not accepted the license agreements of the following SDK components:
[Android SDK Build-Tools 24].
Before building your project, you need to accept the license agreements and complete the installation of the missing components using the Android Studio SDK Manager.
Alternatively, to learn how to transfer the license agreements from one workstation to another, go to http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html
It says to accept the license agreement I need to transfer the agreement from the other pc, this makes absolutely no sense to me. And it's not even possible because this IS the other pc. How can I accept the license agreements on android studio?

Sk8dududu

And what the heck does this mean? :( I changed the build tools to 29 instead
Code:
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.vis_0_10:compileReleaseAidl'.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: Error while executing 'D:\SDK\build-tools\29.0.0\aidl.exe' with arguments {-pD:\SDK\platforms\android-29\framework.aidl -oZ:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\build\generated\source\aidl\release -IZ:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\src\main\aidl -IZ:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\src\release\aidl -IZ:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.android.support\support-v4\25.3.1\aidl -IZ:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.android.support\support-fragment\25.3.1\aidl -IZ:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.android.support\support-media-compat\25.3.1\aidl -IZ:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.android.support\support-core-ui\25.3.1\aidl -IZ:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.android.support\support-core-utils\25.3.1\aidl -IZ:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.android.support\support-compat\25.3.1\aidl -dC:\Users\dalla\AppData\Local\Temp\aidl1020055070194049651.d Z:\com.companyname.vis_0_10\src\main\aidl\com\android\vending\billing\IInAppBillingService.aidl}

I don't have 1.4 but base on others similar topic. 1.4 doesn't support API 28, so API 29 is not possible either. I don't know what the highest for 1.4 is, maybe 26? Also 1.4 doesn't support architecture arm64 which is a must for releasing to the Play Store. I'll let others clarify on the matter. :)

Sk8dududu

I don't have 1.4 but base on others similar topic. 1.4 doesn't support API 28, so API 29 is not possible either. I don't know what the highest for 1.4 is, maybe 26? Also 1.4 doesn't support architecture arm64 which is a must for releasing to the Play Store. I'll let others clarify on the matter. :)
Alright I'll try a lower api. I am not really concerned about releasing on 1.4. I just want my games to compile. I made a game specifically for a blind friend of mine. If api 29 doesn't work do I need to change my build tools as well? Or does that not matter?

rIKmAN

I was getting pretty pissed off at my laptop just randomly deleting folders so I factory reset the whole thing, and started this android build process from scratch. I followed the guide to the T, but the error I'm receiving is,
Code:
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.vis_0_10'.
> You have not accepted the license agreements of the following SDK components:
[Android SDK Build-Tools 24].
Before building your project, you need to accept the license agreements and complete the installation of the missing components using the Android Studio SDK Manager.
Alternatively, to learn how to transfer the license agreements from one workstation to another, go to http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html
It says to accept the license agreement I need to transfer the agreement from the other pc, this makes absolutely no sense to me. And it's not even possible because this IS the other pc. How can I accept the license agreements on android studio?
No, it says you need to accept the licence agreements, or ALTERNATIVELY transfer them.

Go into Android Studio and accept the licence agreement for [Android SDK Build-Tools 24], pre-Android Studio it used to popup a window during installation so I'm not sure if it still does that but I would expect so or at least have a tickbox or similar somewhere. You might need to remove and re-install the API and keep an eye out for the licence popup.

You can also do it on the command line.

Sk8dududu

No, it says you need to accept the licence agreements, or ALTERNATIVELY transfer them.

Go into Android Studio and accept the licence agreement for [Android SDK Build-Tools 24], pre-Android Studio it used to popup a window during installation so I'm not sure if it still does that but I would expect so or at least have a tickbox or similar somewhere. You might need to remove and re-install the API and keep an eye out for the licence popup.

You can also do it on the command line.
Are the build tools specifically installed when the api is installed? Because when I downloaded android studio the build tools were already pre installed.

I'll try removing it though.

rIKmAN

I don't use Android Studio so I'm not sure.

However I just opened my SDK Manager, ticked API 28 and clicked install and this dialogue pops up straight away before it even attempts to install anything.

Sk8dududu

Thank you, I did infact have to rollback the api. It was too high for gms 1.4, as well I wasn't aware that the build number couldn't be higher than the sdk number.