Free Solomon's Key - Classic arcade remake

Discussion in 'Made with GameMaker' started by immortalx, Nov 7, 2018.

1. immortalx

immortalx Member

Get the full game from here:
    https://onedrive.live.com/download?...C741A273C5A69F4!24672&authkey=AKRSXMhuzfjJwf4

Solomon's Key was an arcade puzzle platformer game developed by Tecmo (now Koei-Tecmo) in 1986.
    It was ported to several platforms including C64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, NES and more.

[​IMG]

You control Dana, a magician who is able to cast and destroy stone blocks, throw fireballs and avoid or destroy its enemies. The objective is to get a key which opens the door that advances you to the next level. Along the way there are several collectible items, some of them hidden under blocks and others appearing after casting and destroying a block. There are 51 levels including some bonus ones.

[​IMG]

This is my first game, completed after about 2 months of development and meant as an experiment to get familiar with GameMaker. I encourage every beginner to do the same, that is, making a clone of a classic game in order to keep their focus on the programming part.
    I also contacted the original developer Mr Michitaka Tsuruta and he was very happy with the remake!
    I wasn't able to play-test all levels due to lack of time, so if you play the game and find any bugs please let me know.
    Thanks for taking a look!

Amon and sitebender like this.
  2. The-any-Key

The-any-Key Member

How about a html5 version?

Toque and immortalx like this.
  3. immortalx

immortalx Member

@The-any-Key I haven't give it a thought, thanks for reminding me!

4. Amon

Amon Member

Super cool. Just downloaded it. Gonna test now and report back. :)

immortalx likes this.
  5. Toque

Toque Member

“After two months”. Impressive.

Really cool you contacted original developer.

Looks great.

immortalx likes this.
  6. immortalx

immortalx Member

Thanks a lot guys!
    I've put a bit of effort trying to get an acceptable html5 version but I'm running into issues:
    I have a bitmap font which renders all black instead of white.
    Ctrl/Alt keys which are the defaults for cast/fireball don't seem to be working. I guess that's a browser restriction?

7. The-any-Key

The-any-Key Member

Send a bug report. HTML5 exporter is a bit buggy.

immortalx likes this.