Job Offer - Programmer Solo dev looking for GM2 programmer - DEMO

Ben Collie

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ben collie, I'm an artist and game developer. I'm currently working on my first independent game. I need someone to work with me (as a programmer) on a demo for it .

It's a story driven top down rpg, with the style of pixel art. Games like "Undertale" and "Lisa", as well as the King's Quest" series are huge inspirations for this project. If you're a fan of games like these, than you'll propably enjoy working on this one =)

This video shows how the game is supposed to look like. So far, I've been working on the story and visuals, but there's no actual coding. Most of the footage from the video is a vision of what I want the game to look and play like, but there's no interaction for the player yet. That's why I'm doing this post.

I estimate about 3-4 months of work for the demo to be completed (15 - 20 hours a week; flexible hours). I currently don't have the money to pay for the work, but once the demo is done, I intent on doing a fundraising campaign so I can get the money to pay for the work. I've already contacted some people from the press, And they said they would love to share the game once it has a downloadable demo. I think it's a fair trade. But until then, you'll essencially work for free. You can stipulate the budget for the work, but IF YOU NEED IMEDIATE PAYMENT, THIS IS NOT THE PROJECT FOR YOU!

Finally, I think it's crucial that I'm recruting someone with a passion for creating games.
The main goal here is to make a fun game for people. And I think that's achievable by hard work, but also collaboration, good communication and criativity =)

If you're interested, please contact me at [email protected]

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey Ben,

You have some really great work here! I loved the trailer if what you have showed so far. I hope you are able to find a programmer for your project. I can't wait to see more of what you have in store for the game!

Ben Collie

Hey Ben,

You have some really great work here! I loved the trailer if what you have showed so far. I hope you are able to find a programmer for your project. I can't wait to see more of what you have in store for the game!

Thank you so much jon! I have to say, I'm fairly new to this community, but I have to say, all of the interactions I've had so far were wanderful. All the e-mails I've got were super respectful and nice. I really apreciate that =)

D

Deleted member 16767

Do you only need the demo for the game? I can't promise that I will work years on this, since I'm pretty busy with real life. But a demo I can probably make. And do you own GMS2?