Genre: Sci-fi, Bullet hell
Current state: Early Alpha
Size: 42.7 MB
A space shooter done in the traditions of space invader along with bullet-hell mechanics. Game was re-designed to focus around two aspects - Endless combat packed mode with no persistency (known as Arcade mode) and a traditional "tower climb" style known as Career mode, where player is given its own hangar in which it is possible to upgrade ship or unlock new ones by using credits, earned in combat, using persistency environment. Currently only Arcade mode is available.
- Arcade mode available.
- Two player ships.
- Upgrade your ships and unlock modules!
- Three difficulties.
- Tutorial available.
- One boss available.
- Over 8 enemy types.
| Download latest build here |
Arcade Mode - Generally improve this mode by implementing new enemy types, bosses and options to the Blitz shop. During early alpha stage this mode acts as a playfield, intended to test new features and enemies.
Career mode - A persistency mode where player receives a personal hangar from which he can deploy onto combat missions and earn credits from in order to upgrade current ship or buy new ones, as the player climbs higher and higher in levels. This mode potentially will receive a small "story" arc, purpose of which is to give more insight on the lore of the SOFTL universe.
After months of developing this small yet fun project, I've finally got my guts together to make it public. Right now, I believe it is in a playable state with as less bugs present as possible (there are a few annoying bugs but they don't break the gameplay...) and I would love to receive some feedback from you.
Thank you in advance!
06/01/2021 - Build 1.8.5
05/01/2021 - Build 1.8
27/11/2019 - Build 1.7
23/11/2019 - Build 1.6
- Updated pause menu with loot icons to help new players learn effects of each loot.
- Updated pause menu with keybind hints.
- Overhauled music controller (First iteration).
- Added new soundtrack which plays during pauses.
- Fixed a critical error, which would cause game to crash whenever Medium Battleship appears.
- Updated laser sprite for Eril MK I Medium Battleship.
- Updated Eril MK I Medium Battleship sprite.
- Laser damage can be upgraded now to 4, previously was 3.
- Slight graphical update of a Blitz Shop.
- Updated 4-slot inventory GUI.
- Added a sound effect when player's armor is hit.
- Balance fix of difficulties - enemies have been slightly nerfed on normal and hard difficulty.
- Fixed an audio glitch when a player tries to pick up items while inventory is full.
- Changed: Canopy crack effect will only appear on screen if shields are down.
- Added same armor_hit sound effect when player's hull receives a hit.
- Added two sound effects to indicate whenever enemy ships receive a hit.
- Added a visual effect to indicate whenever enemy ships receive a hit.
- Added - sometimes, when an enemy ship is hit, wrecks can be seen flying off it.
- Fixed a critical error, which would cause the game to crash whenever Mine Spawner would appear.
- Fixed a bug, where upon receiving a hit, Crusader MK I would remain red color.
- Fixed a bug, where upon receiving a hit, Medium Battleship Eril MK I would remain in red color.
- Additional balance fixes applied.
- Updated central GUI in-game: Re-positioned credits string & added hint on how to pause the game.
- Updated in-game GUI font.
- Added a visual effect for GUI, when player's shields receive a hit.
05/01/2021 - Build 1.8
- Updated in-game background (still WIP).
- Implemented first iteration of a 4 slot inventory for Arcade mode.
- Health/Armor repair kits do not occupy inventory slots.
- Added Full Repair Kit (consumed upon use, restores both armor and hull to capped values).
- Decreased vertical speed of multiple loot items.
- Decreased Eagle's shields from 10 to 5.
- Added visual effect when enemy fire hits player's shields.
- Removed Pilot license card from Arcade mode.
- Moved 4-slot inventory instead of Pilot license card.
- Added sound effect when player's shields are hit.
- Updated GUI (Left side, dark bars added behind hull/armor stats).
- Rockets now deal damage to enemy armor and shields (Previously rockets only dealt damage to hull).
- Increased rockets damage to 5 to shields, armor and hull.
- Removed Radio icon from the left side of GUI.
- Removed number stats of hull/armor the left side of GUI.
- Updated Overpower status (implemented status bar instead of text).
- Health bar updated (visual improvements).
- Fixed - overpower status bar would not work if Viper ship has been selected.
- Removed droids spawn from Pool_1.
- Fixed a bug, where sometimes Radio could be consumed upon use yet nothing happens.
- Removed Asteroid Field event for overhaul.
- Decreased Eagle's armor from 5 to 2.
- Updated glow effect of player lasers.
- Fixed a critical error, caused by the shield hit effect. (Crash)
- Fixed an error, which would prevent player from going fullscreen through alt+enter combination.
- Fixed a critical error, caused by the mines spawner. (Crash)
- Fixed an error, where mute music option would not function properly.
- Fixed an error, caused by tutorial, which would prevent player from using inventory in Arcade mode.
- Adjusted tutorial dialogue.
- Fixed a critical error, caused by newly implemented inventory system during a tutorial. (Crash)
- Fixed radio during loot phase of the tutorial.
- Enemy battleship now occupies less of the battlefield, giving more space for the player to maneuver.
27/11/2019 - Build 1.7
- Added new custom music to main menu.
- Asteroids will not appear on Pool_1 any longer.
- Removed delay between new enemy wave and Asteroid field end.
- Fixed a bug caused by Star spawner object.
- Updated background for both main menu and arcade mode.
- Adjusted speed of the ships per difficulty selection.
- Adjusted spawn chance of special ships at Pool_1.
- Changed the way SFX works for player weapons.
- Fixed a bug which would cause a crash if you try to start a tutorial.
- Music has been removed from tutorial.
- Non-custom music has been removed.
- Speed of enemy ships has been reduced a little bit.
- Fixed a critical bug which would cause the game to freeze once the music ends.
23/11/2019 - Build 1.6
- Fixed a bug, where option 'Shop on start' would cause Shop not to appear when it is required.
- Added localization structure for future multi-language support.
- Fixed another bug with checkpoints. Checkpoints now should work as intended.
- Added Asteroids to Arcade game.
- Added Ship info tab to Main menu.
- Added difference for ships' End Stats. Ships no longer end with 10 Hull, Armor and Shields after all upgrades. Each ship has individual cap.
- Updated Ship info tab with more information and graphics.
- Added minor visual effects for Player ships.
- Adjusted spawn chance of Asteroids for each Pool.
- Added thruster sprites to some enemy ships.
- Fixed a bug, where after two deaths, if checkpoint selected, stats would not be saved.
- Fixed a bug, where stats would not be displayed during pause.
- Updated main menu with simplistic space_station front BG.
- Add firefight scene to main menu BG.
- Options tab updated - Players can now select WASD or Arrows for movement.
- Options tab updated - Players can now mute or unmute music.
- Added information tab for Pilots.
- Added placeholder sound to main menu.
- Additional checkpoint fixes.
- Fixed a bug, where after restart with checkpoint selected, levels would be messed up.
- Fixed a bug, where weapon load would not be saved at checkpoints.
- Added Announcements.
- Fixed a bug, where dialog would become misaligned upon switch to Full Screen mode.
- Added loot pickup sound, whenever player picks up loot, duh.
- Added click sound for buttons at main menu.
- Added Kim character to main menu. Uncolored. WIP.
- Added a minor glow effect for enemy lasers.
- Added a minor glow effect for player lasers.
- Changed dialog font to support fullscreen view better.
- Fixed a bug. If a 'Shop on start' is selected, it won't appear upon level restart.
- Placeholder music has been changed to a different one. Still a placeholder music!
- Added checkpoints to Arcade mode as an option.
- Player stats are saved after boss has been defeated and Blitz shop has been closed.
- Added armor repair kit.
- Updated sprites for armor and hull repair kits.
- Added minor animation to armor and repair kits.
- Added new enemy ship for Green faction - Crusader MK1.
- Fixed a bug, where armor repair kit would go over the cap upon collection.
- Added rotation effect to repair kits.
- Added new player ship - Viper.
- Viper has initially more shields but less hull and armor.
- Viper has only single cannon but its initial damage is 2.
- Viper's power mode - reflective shield.
- Added ship selection in Arcade tab.
- Fixed a bug, where music would lay on each other during level restart.
- Added Welcome screen.
- Welcome screen now contains current game build and status.
- Background is slightly adjusted. It's now more darker. We've lost some stars too.
- Adjusted waiting time for tutorial stages.
- Starting dialog for Arcade is back.
- Area limitation has been changed:
- Borders are highlighted only when player is close to them.
- Added difficulty system for arcade mode.
- Currently difficulty only changes enemy ship stats.
- Rewards are also affected by difficulty.
- Fixed game glitch that appears upon pressing ESC key during Pause.
- Removed ability to restart room. You can only restart room if you are dead.
- Added new ship - Minespawner.
- Minespawner appears on Pool_3+ and delivers mines as it passes by.
- Enemy drones will no longer spawn during shop menu in arcade mode.
- Fixed - Mines now spawn again.
- Added Exit button to Arcade tab.
- Added a simplified tutorial.
- Added dialog font.
- Adjusted dialog x, y pos and spacing between lines.
- Game has reached an early stage playable status.