Discussion So here is what we know about the Nintendo switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Falconsoft-Industries

Guest
According to youtube the Nintendo switch is just a beefed up android tablet modified to have removable hardware for analog sticks and dpad and buttons and triggers and a app which is behaving like a operating system launching only apps compatible with the switch removable hardware which also features motion sensors and overrides the android logo on the tablet on bootup and displaying the Nintendo switch boot screen and on power off it opens a app which is scripted in C++ to remote shutdown the device. So technically we just need a extension package which can be purchased for $200 on yoyogames store that would allow for the use of the removable hardware only when packaged as as a android app thusly meaning the export to Nintendo switch would be possible except it would be a android app all along.
 
F

Falconsoft-Industries

Guest
What if yoyogames requests a partnership and allows Nintendo 60% of profits from games made with game maker and yoyogames gets 40% of profits from license agreements between the user and Nintendo and yoyogames and the game developer with game maker and the license must give 10% of profits to yoyogames and 10% of profits to Nintendo.
 

Kobold

Member
Taken from "Hyper Light Drifter " (WikiPedia)
In February 2016, Heart Machine revealed that there are currently contractual issues between Nintendo and YoYo Games, the developer of the GameMaker: Studio engine, beyond their control that may prevent the game from being ported to the Wii U, and while they hope they can offer this platform at the end, they have considered the Wii U version "in limbo."

...
In September 2016, Preston announced that they had to cancel the planned Wii U and Vita versions, offering those backers the ability to redeem the game on another system or be refunded if desired. Preston cited issues with rebuilding the game from the ground up on these systems due to issues with GameMaker Studio on these platforms, noting that it took six months to get the game ported to PlayStation and Xbox. The ongoing issues between Nintendo and YoYo Games were yet resolved at this point. Preston also had further concerns on his own health, putting his well-being as a priority.[23]
Edit: My guess is a good as anyone else's... There is NO insight and Nintendo is known for being a little bit of a "black box"... I think it will take something serious (we all have it in our hands, I think). Maybe one day a developer will emerge from within the rows of GM and create some final confidence (coming from Nintendo), haha.
 
Last edited:

Lonewolff

Member
What if yoyogames requests a partnership and allows Nintendo 60% of profits from games made with game maker and yoyogames gets 40% of profits from license agreements between the user and Nintendo and yoyogames and the game developer with game maker and the license must give 10% of profits to yoyogames and 10% of profits to Nintendo.
So the dev ends up getting -120%? Stuff that.
 

Lonewolff

Member
YYG takes 40%
Nintendo takes 60%
The end user then pays a further 10% to YYG and 10% to Nintendo.

Something doesn't add up here.

So technically we just need a extension package which can be purchased for $200 on yoyogames store.
$200 hey? Where you pulling this figure from. The other console exporters are near a grand each.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

andev

Member
What if yoyogames requests a partnership and allows Nintendo 60% of profits from games made with game maker and yoyogames gets 40% of profits from license agreements between the user and Nintendo and yoyogames and the game developer with game maker and the license must give 10% of profits to yoyogames and 10% of profits to Nintendo.
I figured it out.

What if yoyogames requests a partnership and allows Nintendo 60% of profits from games made with game maker
60% goes straight to Nintendo, which leaves 40%.

yoyogames gets 40% of profits from license agreements between the user and Nintendo
So yoyo then gets 40% of our remaining 40%.

That leaves us with 60% of 40% (24%) of the revenue.

the game developer with game maker and the license must give 10% of profits to yoyogames and 10% of profits to Nintendo.
You subtract all your costs from that number and whatever left is the profit. Of that profit, you must then give 10% each to yoyo and nintendo.

So lets say we made a game for $5, and it sells 10,000 copies on the switch.
Our costs are the price of game maker ($99) + the switch export ($799), and some electricity ($500) = ($1398)

Raw revenue = $50,000
Minus nintendo split = $20,000 (*0.4)
Minus yoyo cut = $12,000 (*0.6)

Minus our expenses = $10 602 (-$1398)
Minus tax = $7421.40 (*0.7)
Minus the final yoyo/nintendo cut = $5937.12 (*0.8)

$6k remains for us, of the $50k! 12%. What a deal!
 
I figured it out.


60% goes straight to Nintendo, which leaves 40%.


So yoyo then gets 40% of our remaining 40%.

That leaves us with 60% of 40% (24%) of the revenue.


You subtract all your costs from that number and whatever left is the profit. Of that profit, you must then give 10% each to yoyo and nintendo.

So lets say we made a game for $5, and it sells 10,000 copies on the switch.
Our costs are the price of game maker ($99) + the switch export ($799), and some electricity ($500) = ($1398)

Raw revenue = $50,000
Minus nintendo split = $20,000 (*0.4)
Minus yoyo cut = $12,000 (*0.6)

Minus our expenses = $10 602 (-$1398)
Minus tax = $7421.40 (*0.7)
Minus the final yoyo/nintendo cut = $5937.12 (*0.8)

$6k remains for us, of the $50k! 12%. What a deal!
What, you want *money* for your work?! Artists should just work for the love of the craft! You're lucky you get a cut at all, you selfish jerk! :p

I saw some insanely stupid ******* make this exact argument like two weeks ago on Twitter...
 
F

Falconsoft-Industries

Guest
apparently clickteam is on the same status but getting there whilst "Construct 2" already supports nintendo wii and wii-u and playstation 4 and xbox one and everything clickteam fusion 2.5 supports.
 

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Those programs use the Nintendo Web Framework, and are no more than wrapped HTML5 games. You can do this with GMS games too... If GMS went with Nintendo it would be Native support, which means getting access to full functionality and power of the console. :)

Anyway, if it's so easy to make the Nintendo port then go ahead, since you appear to know exactly what to do after seeing some youtube videos.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top