• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows So guys... That error make me a bit worried about it.

Yellowhite

Hoi guys.

I wanna share that for.

Today i have open my file project...
And everything, object, scripts, sprites are normal...
Ok.

* So, i decidied add a new room (That room will be the first room, but, i will replace the old first room togheter another rooms in project)
* I maked that room with new objects, scripts, news global s variables, yeh, by a work of 5hours to day, so, i maked that the first room.
* I played the debug mode.

* And now... For some reason, when i pass by the next rooms (like 4, 5th of game) the game start
to slow the fps, and sometimes, just crash it. And that when i just have added the new room.
* I don't know if news objects get it hard to memory, or some variables maked ir the game crush...
* If some help guys, i will thanks, i am a bit frustrated and worried about it.

(some question i answer it)

Last edited:

Cpaz

Are you getting any specific error? Whether it be in the console or a popup?
If so, can you show us?

Yellowhite

If so, can you show us?
Nope exactly... It's like (the projext have 7 rooms) amd i created a room (i put it how the first one)
So, because i put that.... The game crash later.

Also, i see the debug mode, and the 'FPS' run normally... but the game it's a stoped image.

Plisken

try deleting the room and testing it again. create a separate save if you don't want to lose that data. if that fixes it, then you at least know the problem is coming from the room and not something else.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Variables don't make projects crash, and neither do rooms. Uncontrolled loops, infinite recursion, memory leaks and other bad procedural code make projects crash.

Stop convincing yourself that it must be either the room or the engine. Start by inspecting objects that appear in the room and other code that runs while the room is live, and look through them for the bad behaviours I cited above.

Yellowhite

If so, can you show us?
try deleting the room and testing it again. create a separate save if you don't want to lose that data. if that fixes it, then you at least know the problem is coming from the room and not something else.
Ok, got right... It's strange.
Also, i am a bit unhappy, oh, i cant' use that room :(

but thanks.