• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 So facebook integration...

makas

I finally past throgh the problems of having my game on a https server and now I have my facebook app id and all that initial stuff so I will be able to publish and test facebook functions, now Im trying to do the actual facebook integration in my html5 game... I was looking for tutorials and stuff to make a highscore list for facebook, and everything seems a little outdated, for example the facebook tutorial on gms 1.4 show in his first step that I need to activate in the global game settings that im using facebook on the facebook tab... but I dont have facebook tab, I dont know if is a bug or a change on recent versions...

Anyway I would love is someone can point me out an updated tutorial or a resource for me to be able to integrate highscores table with facebook or point me out why I dont have facebook tab on my GMS so I can continue to test the actual facebook tutorial on gms... thank you in advance

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section... I think is goes on programming? Im not sure :(

Last edited:
E

EternalStudio

Game Maker's Facebook feature uses an outdated version of the Graph API. The documentation, as a result, is out of date and doesn't work well at all (in my experience). There are a couple extensions on the marketplace that work well enough, but nothing phenomenal.

I'm speaking from my experience on Android and iOS, so it might not translate exactly.