• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android SMS send?

W

WWAZman

I'm trying to fix my SMS send in one of my apps which simply replies to a friend using the default sms app a simple text message "Hey I have _ many count of _, how are yours?"
The problem I discovered from a friend who uses my program but uses Hangouts, instead of the basic Google Messenger, is that it simply doesn't DO anything in hangouts.. and I can't seem to get it to work either.

The code I have is as follows, and has worked in previous versions of GMS, though in most recent versions it errors out not wanting to compile unless I do some work arounds.

Code:
 sms:?body= Bonnie Counter! Count is :
I have previously used sms://?body= Bonnie Counter! Count is : HOWEVER defaults to putting "//" as the default user to send it to (quite annoying!) and seems to be what GMS wants but see above sentence. ;)

Thanks for any patient assistance. I am not a programmer by trade and this stuff is hard for me to learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: Mut