• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Smearing across background since update

K

KKoltcz

After the update and move to new runtime, my game now has smearing across the background where it did not before. In the output window there is an error 'Error attempting to draw sprite spr_target_background' . In the attached picture you can see a background behind the targets that previously would have been removed. Additionally, there are multiple instances of objects that were otherwise set to appear by trigger/timer.

Previously they appeared as intended, where the background was solid and the crosshairs did not smear.

Nothing changes in my project other than the software (IDE & Runtime).

Greatly appreciate your help, as this work is for a school project due tomorrow.

Thank you

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Well, first thing to do is clear the compiler cache and then run the game again. Sometimes a stale cache can give odd issues like this. If that fails, you can go to the preferences and try rolling back the runtime to the previous version and see if that resolves the issue.

K

KKoltcz

Well, first thing to do is clear the compiler cache and then run the game again. Sometimes a stale cache can give odd issues like this. If that fails, you can go to the preferences and try rolling back the runtime to the previous version and see if that resolves the issue.
I've cleaned the program and changed runtime back to 2.0.5.49 but then I have the same issue others have reported with nothing happening when hitting the play button. I'd be fine to move forward with 2.0.5 ide and runtime, but when I reinstall it , it forces me to upgrade. I don't want to upgrade. Why is that not an option?!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There is no option to skip the upgrade because licencing has been changed internally and so this is one of the few obligatory upgrades that YYG has pushed out. As for the issue, file a bug and include a link to the YYZ of the project file please.

J

Jayars

I had something similar with my GMS2 project (ie, cleared cache, still "smearing").
Not sure if it'll help you, but I fixed mine by renaming a sprite to a different name then back again.

@Nocturne on a related note, if YYG will be pushing out updates with potentially breaking changes, with no way to rollback to a previous, known-to-work version, is there anything we can do to skip the update then? (firewall-block the app perhaps?)

I can understand forced updates for beta testers, but for full-paying customers, who might have a tight schedule to stick to, this might be rather problematic.

Last edited by a moderator: