• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Small Question: What means the red outline in objects in the room editor?

Carloskhard

So I've noticed when using the room editor that if I double click an object a red outline appears around it, and after that doesn't matter if I click outside our change tabs, the outline will continue until I close the room editor and open it again. I know it appears with a double click in as many objects as I want to, but I can't make them dissapear unless I close the room editor and re open it.
This is what I mean:

Do you know what is does or what is for?

Thanks!

*I just realized I should have post this under GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support. Sorry for the error! If an admin could change it would be nice.

Bruchpilot

The red ones are those that have an instance editor open like in your example pic. If you close the instance editor for the specific instance, the red marker will disappear with it.