• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Slowdown with recent update?

Cpaz

In the most recent update, suddenly my game is running at roughly half the speed. This was not an issue before the most recent update.
The game speed is set to 30 as it has been.
So question becomes, has GMS2 had any changes that might impact performance?

I am using the VM windows runner. As I was the previous update.

EDIT:
As it turns out, deactivating an reactivating an object type within a region tanks the framerate now.

Can someone explain how this is slowing down now, but only improved performance last update???
Code:
if room=chap_1{
    instance_deactivate_object(obj_solid);
    instance_activate_region(obj_player.x-300,obj_player.y-300,600,600,true);
}

Last edited:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please file a bug - we did fix an issue where not all the instances were being considered which means that this function will take longer, if you file it as a bug we will look at the general performance in this area.

Russell

gnysek

Great to hear! Looking forward to this release soon.
Sadly if they won't release some hotfix next week (for now it seems to be the only serious bug but it's not breaking games), this will be released in about month...