• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Slowdown after room movement

Ghiliam

Hello everyone,
recently I'm noticing something strange. There are some rooms in my game that, if entered too many times, causes the game to run slower every time you enter them.
Let's say that the first time you enter the room, it runs normally at 30fps.
Then you exit the room, get back into it, and it still runs good.
Then, you exit and enter that room again, and the fps starts to drop. The first time, they will be 26/28, then 20/22, then 18/20 and so on...
Now, the first thing I thought is about something creating too many instances everytime you enter that room, but there is no creation of new instances, nor the ones in the room are flagged as "persistent", that in some (strange) way may persist and recreate every time I enter said room.
As soon as I exit from that room, everything runs normally, even if from that "broken" room I enter a room that is not really lightweight (pretty big, many instances) performance comes back, so the only thing I'm sure about, is that the problem is inside that "broken" room.
Has anyone ever experienced something like that? Do anyone have a clue about what could be to slowdown the game?

Thanks in advance for the support guys.