Legacy GM Slow performance even with high FPS

Greetings all, thank you for reading!

When my Gamemaker project is not the only application running, I experience occasional, intermittent slow/stuttering performance (in the running project), even though the (fps_real) frames per second are over 1000+. The project(s) are not intensive, my machine has an Intel i7 920, GTX 950. ** running two monitors

Regardless of the fps_real value, what other means are there to locate the issue?

Cheers,
Nathan

Last edited:

Tdyhre

I haw the same problem. did you ever find out what it was.
it runs perfect on my mac with 1 monitor.
and very slow on pc with 3 monitors

PC is a AMD X2600, 32GB ram,1000GB SSD and MSI GTX 1070 so i do not think that is the problem.

on my mac when i use the motion_add instruktion i use value 0.5 but on PC i need to use 2.2 to get the same speed ?????

i hope you haw a solution

Fps_real doesn't take into account GPU processing I believe, so you can get a high fps_real while the program is sluggish because of a bottleneck in the graphics processing. The draw calls are something to look at if this is the case, try to limit them as much as possible (i.e. don't draw a lot of text all over the screen, don't draw too many rectangles, circles, etc).

samspade

Greetings all, thank you for reading!

When my Gamemaker project is not the only application running, I experience occasional, intermittent slow/stuttering performance (in the running project), even though the (fps_real) frames per second are over 1000+. The project(s) are not intensive, my machine has an Intel i7 920, GTX 950. ** running two monitors

Regardless of the fps_real value, what other means are there to locate the issue?

Cheers,
Nathan
Also look at shaders. On my laptop I can have 1000+ fps real when working with shaders while less than 10 fps.

T

Taddio

Look at the profiler, it's probably the Draw event that eats it up. You will be able to pinpoint what it is that eats your GPU and your fps