• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Slow and unresponsive 'run'

A

Aeth

First off, apologies if this has in fact been answered before - but I haven't found anything in the few hours that I have searched.

My issue is that upon hitting 'Run (f5)', the game itself will not open for a solid minute. Furthermore, the window is very likely to crash after about 10 seconds of testing. This is independent of the project, as both downloaded complete projects and brand new empty projects have roughly the same wait time. The issue has remained over multiple runtimes. I have tried reinstalling.

My PC Specs:
Windows 10
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1070 (Latest Graphics Driver. Issue persists across drivers)
i7 4790k
Using a HDD and SSD

The last line in Output before the wait time is:
C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.212/windows/Runner.exe -game "C:\Users\Aeth\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\creator_3FA8F2FC_VM\creator.win"

I'm out of ideas and would really like to be able to test without this constant annoyance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

V

viater

I am having this same issue and cannot find a solution either.

It makes testing the games REALLY annoying.

EDIT: would just like to add that I have no sounds, I have tried re-installing, rebooting. all the normal stuff that I have seen people respond with.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, apologies if this has in fact been answered before - but I haven't found anything in the few hours that I have searched.

My issue is that upon hitting 'Run (f5)', the game itself will not open for a solid minute. Furthermore, the window is very likely to crash after about 10 seconds of testing. This is independent of the project, as both downloaded complete projects and brand new empty projects have roughly the same wait time. The issue has remained over multiple runtimes. I have tried reinstalling.

My PC Specs:
Windows 10
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1070 (Latest Graphics Driver. Issue persists across drivers)
i7 4790k
Using a HDD and SSD

The last line in Output before the wait time is:
C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.212/windows/Runner.exe -game "C:\Users\Aeth\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\creator_3FA8F2FC_VM\creator.win"

I'm out of ideas and would really like to be able to test without this constant annoyance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Have you tried it with the latest runtime? It looks like you are on an older runtime version: 2.1.4.212, but the current is 2.1.4.218

Does using the latest runtime make any difference?