• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Slight nuisance in code editor

C

Canamla

When I middle click to drag the code, and happen to click on a built-in/colored figure, I get the 'help' tab. I really like the easy access to a direct reference, but it's like a battle between user movement through the code and the request for help.

I would like to suggest that instead of a straight middle-click, that a modifier key - such as shift, ctrl or alt - be used to request the help tab to open up. I personally am constantly forgetting to find the nearest empty space before middle-clicking to drag the code around. Although, this was more of an issue on a smaller monitor. Much less of a problem with a larger screen. Still, a bit annoying - especially when the help tab takes about 10 seconds to load!

Just though I'd throw it out there. Thanks for all the work put into this excellent software :)

P.S. Forgive me if I've missed something or placed this in the wrong spot. Still a newbie... working past the suckling bottle xD

EDIT: I've just now noticed that the middle-click doesn't even move the code around anymore! Pretty sure this is new to the GMS2: 2.0.6.146 version, as I've used the previous release and didn't notice it missing. I found this function to be extremely helpful, especially when the code is trailing of screen, or simply scrolling through long vertical code. Please - PLEASE - include that in the next release. I'm one of those people who never uses the scroll bars. Mainly because I'm too imprecise with my mouse motion. Lol :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Move the code around? The code has never been moveable with the mouse. The wheel scrolled it, but you couldn't move it ...?

C

Canamla

Well now that is odd. I certainly was able to navigate the code window much like other windows... If it was never implemented, could it have been a minor bug?