• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Slap 'em [Beta]

Bingdom

Googledom
Ready to slap your enemies to death?

Google Play
iTunes

Delve yourself into this action packed challenging game. This game is filled with cheerful music, 8bit sound effects and a taste of sheer enjoyment. This game is great to kill some time and fun to challenge your friends. There is also online leaderboards. Can you beat #1 place?

Current Features
- Great animations
- Lots of confetti
- Score combos
- Lots of enemies
- A couple of guns
- Enemy progression system
- Cool transitions
- Leaderboards
- Lots of dialogue
- Enemies rain money
- Upgrades
- Character customization
- Effective powerups
- Sandbox mode
Planned Features
- Improve progression system
- Character cusomization
- Enemies drop cash, used to get more cosmetics
- Sandbox mode - Spawn in any amount of enemies

- Prestige system ~ Used to make your character stronger to vs more powerful enemies.

These features will be added depending on the popularity of the game
- Multiplayer (Potentially)
- More enemies and weapons
The game is currently in beta. Features and graphics may change.

upload_2017-1-27_20-21-53.png
upload_2017-1-27_20-23-18.png
upload_2017-1-27_20-24-15.png
upload_2017-1-27_20-24-37.png
upload_2017-1-27_20-25-10.png

Downloads
To get the latest updates, please download it on Google Play or iTunes.

Windows (0.0.0.3) [Outdated]

Android (0.0.3) [Outdated]

v1.0.0
[Features]
~ Slap range increased by 25%
~ Dropped guns now produce confetti
~ Added parallax background
~ Pause button in character customiser now a back arrack instead
~ Improved Character designer menu
~ Added Android Icons and splashscreen
~ Improved windows icon and splashscreen
~ Credit text enlarged
~ Powerups
~ Improved navigation
~ No longer gain more health when you encounter a new troop
~ First red guy speed reduced

[Fixes]
~ Fixed leaderboard (hopefully)​

v0.0.3
[Features]
~ Optimizations
~ Upgrades
~ New enemy - Sniper
~ New weapon - Grenade Launcher
~ Rebalance of enemies and distribution
~ Transition improvements
~ Renamed to Slap 'em
~ Sound Polishing
v0.0.2
[Features]
~ Character colour customization added. (Saving / Loading works)
~ Currency added. (Saving / Loading works)

[Fixes]
~ Fixed tank not animating on GUI
~ Fixed incorrect sprite and text placement with larger sprites on showing the next troop (GUI)
~ Fixed Tutorial person being stuck in the ground
v0.0.1
~ Released​

Notes:
- This game is meant to be for mobile, but it still works fine on windows.​

Last edited:
H

Hossein

Hi, this game is really good :), but if you want to make it popular you need to add a multiplayer (2 players or more in one PC "for windows) and network connection for mobile or hand computers.

and the attack items chance to hit is 80% equal it mean you need to change them that when 2 character meet they don't have the equal chance to kill each other, 20 % chance to void is for jumping and enemy jump after attacking that is good idea ;), but it is pretty good for a young developer. my highest score was 54000 I cant destroy that tank LOL

Bingdom

Googledom
Hi, this game is really good :), but if you want to make it popular you need to add a multiplayer (2 players or more in one PC "for windows) and network connection for mobile or hand computers.
Great idea! Thanks. :D
Once I reworked the enemy progression system, and a few more features I may implement LAN cooperative play. Highest score wins. ;)

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
New update!

Changelog and download are in the original post!

upload_2016-11-20_22-36-13.pngupload_2016-11-20_22-34-19.png
upload_2016-11-20_22-36-59.png

Currently only the colour changer is functional.

M

MEITdev

Hi there!

I have recorded a short "honest first impressions" feedback video for your game.

The reason WHY is explained HERE

The purpose of this video is for you as a developer to see how players play your game, what are their expressions as well as some likes and dislikes.
Basically the personal feedback is something that is hard to get, so I am hoping to help you just a little bit with this video.

I really hope this feedback can help in your game development and give you some "personal gaming experience"

Keep up the great work!

Bingdom

Googledom
Hi there!

I have recorded a short "honest first impressions" feedback video for your game.

The reason WHY is explained HERE

The purpose of this video is for you as a developer to see how players play your game, what are their expressions as well as some likes and dislikes.
Basically the personal feedback is something that is hard to get, so I am hoping to help you just a little bit with this video.

I really hope this feedback can help in your game development and give you some "personal gaming experience"

Keep up the great work!
Thank you very much for your feedback. :D

Edit:
Here is a screenshot of the new background.
upload_2016-12-4_14-56-41.png

A lot of people are having a hard time figuring out how to exit the upgrade menu. I'm working on a fix for that and a lot of your other suggestions. ;)

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
Had the time to implement a new game mode ~ Sandbox.
Will be publically available on Google Play store within an hour!

Edit:
If it all goes well, I may implement multiplayer over this weekend and hopefully a much better quality trailer (compared to PKB's trailer) mid-way through next week.

Last edited:
M

MEITdev

Had the time to implement a new game mode ~ Sandbox.
Will be publically available on Google Play store within an hour!

Edit:
If it all goes well, I may implement multiplayer over this weekend and hopefully a much better quality trailer (compared to PKB's trailer) mid-way through next week.
Like the updates you did. Good choice of screenshots for the google play store!

Bingdom

Googledom
I find it very difficult to have both players have synced up enemies.

Instead for coop, you will vs the other player and pick up powers/guns (Like super smash Bros).

Edit:
I think I might've discorevered a method to fix syncing problems

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
New update!

v1.2.0
*== Major Update ==*
[Content]
~ New enemies - Warden and Riot Cop
~ Added kill counter

[Balance Changes]
~ Cop damage increased from 0.5 to 1

[Fixes]
~ Fixed bug that kept spawning enemies in the sandbox when you let go of a button
~ Tanks don't bounce as high

[Improvements]
~ Polished game mode selection
~ Redone enemy progression system
~ Now can skip 'tap to restart'
~ Now can see the pause button when 'tap to restart' menu appears
~ Made the score counter larger
~ Enemies move smoother

I did a lot of behind the scenes work, especially with the new enemy progression system. Now it's much easier for me to add new enemies, which encourages me to add new enemies.

Multiplayer is delayed, possibly will not be added. I worked on it since Sunday and both players cannot be synced correctly. It is still functional, and inside the game, but not publically shown.

Last edited:

Roderick

You might want to tweak your font a bit. In that first screenshot, it took me a bit to figure out what a "sederal ossense" was.

Bingdom

Googledom
New Update!
v1.3.0
[Features]
~ Added new enemy - Marine

[Improvements]
~ 'f' now looks more like an f
~ Helicopter no longer knocks back as far

[Balance Changes]
~ Health regen powerup has a 50% slower regen rate but lasts 50% longer
~ Regen and health upgrades buffed
~ Enemies has been buffed, to counter the buffed upgrades.

[Fixes]
~ Fixed militarians not spawning when a helicopter appears

The trailer will be made later. I want to add more features and demonstrate it in the trailer.

Time for a break. Happy Holidays everyone! :D

S

Sam (Deleted User)

The legs are too small compared to the arms, either make them the same length and width, or perhaps the same width but a pixel or two longer, while adjusting the body size to compensate if you have to, otherwise it's too out of proportion for my taste. It's not a huge deal either way, because the focus of the game is on slapping and using your arms, not kicking and using your feet, so i guess the proportion could be looked at as intentional for emphasis on the subject matter - slapping. I played this ages ago but that was my only complaint. With most indie games my complaints are much greater in number, so please understand that is quite the accomplishment. :)