HTML5 Skeletons Rise

Preston

Skeletons Rise

Image_01.png

Check it out on Crazygames.com

As the sole protector of the Book of the Dead, your only agenda is to defend it at all costs. Use powerful, mystical spells to vanquish the undead armies from the land. You are the last line of defense! Use spells such as Lightning, Inferno, Blizzard and Poison to weaken and destroy any attacker. This game features two different difficulty modes, normal and hardcore. Hardcore scales enemy difficulty faster and give no bonus health regeneration on player level. This game is an endless dungeon defense game where you play until you lose.

This is my first every completed game. I'm not much of a programmer at all, just help from around the web let me piece this together.

Image_02.png Image_03.png

Rob

Nice work Preston. I don't know if you intend to add content to the game or make a sequel but as a player I'd really like to be able to assign spells where I like - maybe have different spells equippable before a round starts? That would need a pre-battle screen though. You could have waves of increasing difficulty and some more player progression with that as well!

Preston

Nice work Preston. I don't know if you intend to add content to the game or make a sequel but as a player I'd really like to be able to assign spells where I like - maybe have different spells equippable before a round starts? That would need a pre-battle screen though. You could have waves of increasing difficulty and some more player progression with that as well!
Those would all be great features. It's just above my skill level at the moment. I'll definitely revisit this games idea and iterate more on it later as my skills grow. Thanks for checking it out!

K12gamer

Seems like a Spooky version of Plants vs Zombies. Good job...lots of possibilities here.
What code / system did you use for Fullscreen HTML 5. Haven't been able to figure that out
for my own games yet.

Video of me playing your game:
Am I playing it correctly...What advice can you offer for me to get a higher score?

Preston

Thanks for checking it out and posting your gameplay!

It looked like in your video you aren't using the lightning and blizzard book above the skeletons. Those would definitely help get to higher levels. Lightning and Inferno are really strong as well, I probably should have tweaked those numbers a little more.

For scaling I actually just followed along with yoyogames scaling post here. There's lot of other goodies in that series as well.

Thanks again!

K12gamer

I played this game some more today...and I've gotten a lot better.
Didn't realize I could use the 2 additional spell books near the ceiling.

Good character design / animations. Cool atmospheric music.

Nice little design, good work on the aesthetics (music, art, soundfx). It's a small design, but done well.

I enjoyed killing a few minutes! :D

Preston

Nice little design, good work on the aesthetics (music, art, soundfx). It's a small design, but done well.

I enjoyed killing a few minutes! :D
Thank you! There's much more I would have liked to do with it, but most of it was above my programming knowledge. I think what I ended up with was simple and fun (for a few minutes :) )