• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE skeleton ingame broken since the update

Didjynn

Hello everyone,

I made some animations on spine 2 month ago and they were workin fine as skeleton in gamemaker.

But since the last update it looks like this ingame even if the sprite imported look fine in the viewer :

I exported them again to see if it could fix it (so new export from spine and new import in game maker) but nothing change. Is there a way to fix it to avoid loosing hundred of hours of work ?

Thanks

Mick

Spine support has been updated in the latest version and now imports sprites exported with Spine v3.7. Did you try exporting the sprite in that version of Spine?

rIKmAN

Try what Mick suggested first, and if that doesn't fix it then post a bit more information about your setup.

GMS2 version.
Spine version.
Info about the skeleton setup (does it use IK, meshes etc)

Remember to make a backup of your Spine project before loading into 3.7, as once you update it it won't be able to be loaded back into older versions of Spine (at least not easily).

Didjynn

I did, as I said I exported* them again from the latest version of Spine and I'm using the latest version of GameMaker 2.

The skeleton does use IK but no meshes.

I did not make any backup of the Spine files so I updated them when doing the new export, but it was doing this with the old files too since GMS update

*little correction here, I wrote updated

Last edited:

rIKmAN

I did, as I said I uploaded them again from the latest version of Spine and I'm using the latest version of GameMaker 2.

The skeleton does use IK but no meshes.

I did not make any backup of the Spine files so I updated them when doing the new export, but it was doing this with the old files too since GMS update
You said you exported again, you didn't say what version of Spine you did this from. :)

There was a bug a while ago on HTML5 (and then also Windows) where when IK Constraints were used the whole mesh collapsed but this was the pre 3.7 update AFAIK and has been marked as fixed for a long while now.

Just wondering if it may be related, although when I run the Spine examples that use IK they work fine in the latest version.

Can you try loading those example projects that use IK into Spine, exporting them and then testing those in a fresh project and see if they work as expected?
If they work, try adding your ant skeleton into the the project as well and seeing if collapses again whilst the others work.

If so then it points to there being an issue with your skeleton and/or IK setup somewhere that the 3.7 runtimes don't agree with.

Didjynn

The last export from spine was in the previous of Spine (I don't remember, 3.6 or 3.7), I also tried with the latest version, 3.7.91.

I found the problem come from 2 things : the skin and the rescale. Both were working before. Changing the skin works well, changing the animtion too. But this animation with this skin is broken, new import doesn't help.

Also, I can't rescale it anymore and it's something I really need to do :/ Rescale put all the bones at the same place but doesn't seem to resize the sprite

Maybe can it be fixed with skeleton_bone_data_set but I don't know how to use it to resize the bones

Last edited:

Didjynn

The last export from spine was in the previous of Spine (I don't remember, 3.6 or 3.7), I also tried with the latest version, 3.7.91.

I found the problem come from 2 things : the skin and the rescale. Both were working before. Changing the skin works well, changing the animtion too. But this animation with this skin is broken, new import doesn't help.

Also, I can't rescale it anymore and it's something I really need to do :/ Rescale put all the bones at the same place but doesn't seem to resize the sprite

Maybe can it be fixed with skeleton_bone_data_set but I don't know how to use it to resize the bones

If I may ask something out of the subject, if I need to store many variables in each cell of a 2d array, should I create one ds_list per cell ?
Sorry for the double post, seems like I used "quote" or something instead of "edit"

rIKmAN

Do you mean scaling inside Spine or scaling it inside GMS2?

You shouldn't need to use the skeleton_* functions to have GMS display the skeleton the same way as it looks in Spine, but I'm not sure where you are trying to do this scaling.

It definitely sounds like something related specificvally to your project setup or the way in which you are trying to achieve the scaling the mentioned, rather than an issue with the GMS2 runtime implementation.

If you wanted to host your Spine project and associated files somewhere I'd be willing to take a look. If so PM me the URL if you don't want to pst it publically.

Did you try the example IK projects as I mentioned previously, and did they work?