1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

GM:S 1.4 Simultaneous instance create

Discussion in 'Programming' started by jf_knight, Dec 30, 2018.

1. jf_knight

jf_knight Member

I'm trying to implement a hit-scan shotgun. Every instance...
    Code:
    instance_create(x+lengthdir_x(length,direction ),y+lengthdir_y(length,direction ),projectile)

...creates one "hit-scan line". I would like to use 5 or 6 at once, however an instance is created one after another and not at the same time. What can I do so that 5 instances happen at the same time? I've tried using an "AND" after each line but to no avail.

I'm not too familiar with alarms, but is it possible to have a millisecond pause and wait until all the hit-scans are "loaded" and then have them created at once?

2. HayManMarc

HayManMarc Member

Code:
    repeat(5)
      {
         instance_create(x+lengthdir_x(length,direction ),y+lengthdir_y(length,direction ),projectile);
       }

Note that each of the 5 instances will be placed in the exact same position.

3. jf_knight

jf_knight Member

I'm one step closer! You're right, they do all align. There is also a small dip in fps when I press the "shoot" button rapidly signifying that the collision detection is registering.
    Now if only I can add some random number variation to the "direction " property...

4. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

There's a function for that, called random(), also random_range() and if you just want integers, irandom() and irandom_range()