Simulation of forest burning

Sawyer

Hello,

I saw a very interesting video, and in this video you can see at 17.06 a forest on the left, and the diffusion of heat on your right.
As you can see the forest is burning.

I wonder how can i do something like that in game maker.
Apparently in this simulation he is using unity, and he use an equation (equation is at 17.04).
Untitled.png
For me it's impossible to use objects to do that.
But using grid could be a solution? But how can i do to build an interaction between 2 adjoinings cells?

Last edited:

TheouAegis

a) You didn't post the video, so I don:t know what you are talking about.

b) you should just copy the equation that they use in the video and then post it here so nobody has to watch the video.

Sawyer

a) You didn't post the video, so I don:t know what you are talking about.

b) you should just copy the equation that they use in the video and then post it here so nobody has to watch the video.
Now there is everything.

Last edited:

NightFrost

I read about that just recently, in an article that explained how this stuff explains the 'fairy circles' type of growth in deserts (and similar idea in a video about predator-prey population growth). Your video is in french but apparently talks about the same phenomenon - Turing patterns. It looked interesting so I wondered about the same thing. I went looking and found this (pdf file) and this which was enough to tell me this isn't something you do in a few minutes slamming your fingers on the keyboard, movie hacker style, so I filed it away as something to look at later. It is pure maths so it can be done of course, but how efficient GMS would be at visualizing it, I don't know.