• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Simple Suggestion: Don't scale the object form

Tsa05

Hi there! Simple suggestion for the room editor.

The editor box for objects seems to have a zoom setting that's directly tied to the scale factor of the room editor. I understand why this seemed useful--if I want to zoom way out to see everything, why have huge edit boxes blocking stuff?

But from a practical perspective, why would I open edit boxes if I have no intention of actually using them?
And in the current incarnation of things, shown below, the editor box is unusable when zoomed out.

It would be extremely useful if the object editor form was at 100% zoom regardless of the room editor. I'd rather have few full-size forms that I open and close than have a dozen forms open at once that are all too small to see.

Related note: if I manage to activate the "Edit Object" button on that tiny form, the entire room zooms into 100% in order to display the full object editor. If you pre-empt this by having the initial form at 100%, then there's a double-benefit: The room editor stays at whatever zoom level I wanted, and the editor forms are full-sized and usable.