Hi all. I released a raycast code to use your any projects;
Note: It support Game Maker Studio v2.3 and new versions;
Check it out: (with online demo): https://erayzesen.itch.io/simple-raycast
//To get the returned raycast type rc_data.type // rc_type.nothing , rc_type.object , rc_type.tilemap //To get the returned instance id or tilemap index rc_data.index //To get returned collision positions rc_data.x rc_data.y
- It support a specific object, multiple objects, tilemap layers or all at the same time.
- It may work with different collision shapes. ( Set to _precise_mode as true to do that.)
- I added comments in the script if you want to learn how it works.
- One script file and one method.
- Flexible to use in all your projects.
I hope you like it. Cheers.