• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

simple question, is there a way to see all the code that went into an object?

mutazoid

simple question, is there a way to see all the code that went into an object without having to click and look into each event one at a time?

Zhanghua

Implement the Step() and Draw() or other Event function in the Create Event.
Just Put the Step() in the Step event, and Draw() in the draw event.
So you can leave all the event alone and keep your attention to the creation code.

Nidoking

Implement the Step() and Draw() or other Event function in the Create Event.
Just Put the Step() in the Step event, and Draw() in the draw event.
So you can leave all the event alone and keep your attention to the creation code.
I mean, I guess you could do this if you don't use any parent objects with any kind of event inheritance, or if you really want to have separate function names for absolutely every object in your game. But this sounds like the advice of someone who didn't want to use Game Maker but couldn't afford the game engine they did want. It's an anti-pattern and shouldn't be done.

In GMS1.4 there's a "show information" button that showed all code from an object (in plaintext, not editable) but I don't remember if such a thing exists in GMS2.

AGMDaniel

I mean, I guess you could do this if you don't use any parent objects with any kind of event inheritance, or if you really want to have separate function names for absolutely every object in your game. But this sounds like the advice of someone who didn't want to use Game Maker but couldn't afford the game engine they did want. It's an anti-pattern and shouldn't be done.
Does it? I just joined today and I couldn't understand a word of it. I can't tell what's good advice and what's bad.
-- Danny