Asset - Demo Simple Dynamic Audio Demo

Andrey

I almost lost my hearing watching the demo-video! :D

Thanks, Mike! I'm interested. I'll definitely look into "how it works".
I really hope that this is the beginning, and soon it will be possible to play with Wwise or FMOD in GMS2. ;)

Last edited:

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
...so that it's totally cross platform.
Hmm, it doesn't work in HTML5 though. I didn't expect it to work but I was hoping to be surprised when I read this ;)

Are some of the functions used here unsupported on the web?

Andrey

Very simple (bare bones) demo showing how to do dynamic audio using buffers and audio queues in GML so that it's totally cross platform.
Is it possible to load Sound Assets into the buffers to further modify them? And then to play?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Not resources no, but you could load WAV files as an included file and decode the header yourself - which you'd need to do anyway in order to use them.

Andrey

Not resources no, but you could load WAV files as an included file and decode the header yourself - which you'd need to do anyway in order to use them.
"decode the header” — I don't really understand this. :confused:
"load WAV files" - I'm thinking this is a bad solution to create a dynamic sound environment (real-time) in the game?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
If you don't understand these bits, it's probably not something you should be looking to do just yet - or you'll need to do some more research at the very least.

Smiechu

@Andrey
I've sent you a PM.

"decode the header” — I don't really understand this. :confused:
"load WAV files" - I'm thinking this is a bad solution to create a dynamic sound environment (real-time) in the game?
If you want to manipulate audio (add fx) it has to be decoded to uncompressed form either way, so 1 you can load it to memory on beginning of the game and sacrifice memory, or 2 decode it on the fly and sacrifice some performance.

Andrey

If you don't understand these bits, it's probably not something you should be looking to do just yet - or you'll need to do some more research at the very least.
Yes, I will deal with the bits — it's curious to master, though a bit frightening. :eek:

If you want to manipulate audio (add fx) it has to be decoded to uncompressed form either way, so 1 you can load it to memory on beginning of the game and sacrifice memory, or 2 decode it on the fly and sacrifice some performance.
Yes... This is a difficult choice, especially for mobile games.

M

matiascarpello

¿Sería posible obtener el volumen del micrófono en tiempo real?