version 0.0.0.2

1) fixed errors in the work of the order queue
2)optimized the work of each order
3) level grid view has changed

version 0.0.0.2.1
1) Added new order - to patrol
2) Added new order - to destroy enemy !
3) now you can watch the path of the unit
4) Noticing the enemy is torn to attack!
5) If the enemy is trying to hide - pursues him!
6) Returns to the previous activity when everything is calm!

UPDATE, version 0.0.0.2.2
A unit is able to carry out the following orders:
1. Order - Stand idle (scans the area in search of the enemy)
2. Order - Cancellation of the current order
3. Order - Move (does not respond to external factors)
4. Order - Patrol (between 2 points), (scans the area in search of the enemy, attacks and then returns to patrol)
5. Order - Destroy a target (tries to destroy the target specified by the player or AI)
6. Order - Move and attack (scans the area in search of the enemy, attacks and then returns to the movement)
7. Order - to shell the place (for archers, etc.)
8. Order - Hold the position (scans the area within the attack radius in search of the enemy, if the target has moved away does not pursue)
9. Order - Die (when HP <1)

What's next ?
1. Add a unit type - worker
2. Add building and one type of resource

Also implemented a simple fog of war, based on thegrid and radius of the unit, drawing on the surface. In the future, of course, will be modified.

Last edited:
C

coryru

This has huge potential. Cool stuff. Are you planning on developing an rts game or is this just for fun. Either way cool stuff

BG Games

Yes, of course, I am planning a full-fledged game, or rather, I am already developing it. RTS game is a difficult thing and I had to redo everything several times, in the end I came to the first to make the basic rts template which contains all the basic principles of the classics of the genre. As soon as I finish work on this engine I will post its source code for everyone.

BG Games

Version Update 0.0.0.2:
1) Added new ordet - to patrol
2) now you can watch the path of the unit

Screenshots

[ATTACH = full]21189[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Last edited:
M

Marcus12321

I believe he is saying you used GMS (a game engine) to make an RTS game engine. He was just trying to be funny!

BG Games

I believe he is saying you used GMS (a game engine) to make an RTS game engine. He was just trying to be funny!
Game Maker 8.1

Fun for the sake of trying to move and search for the way of infantry in the style of Command & Conquer
COrder 2018-11-01 22-03-09-98.jpg

Last edited:

BG Games

UPDATE!

The project is developing!
Update!
Now the combat units have basic instincts:
1) Noticing the enemy - attack!
2) If the enemy is trying to hide - pursues him!
2) Returns to the previous activity when everything is calm!

Last edited:

BG Games

Version 0.0.0.2.2
A unit is able to carry out the following orders:

1. Order - Stand idle (scans the area in search of the enemy)
2. Order - Cancellation of the current order
3. Order - Move (does not respond to external factors)
4. Order - Patrol (between 2 points), (scans the area in search of the enemy, attacks and then returns to patrol)
5. Order - Destroy a target (tries to destroy the target specified by the player or AI)
6. Order - Move and attack (scans the area in search of the enemy, attacks and then returns to the movement)
7. Order - to shell the place (for archers, etc.)
8. Order - Hold the position (scans the area within the attack radius in search of the enemy, if the target has moved away does not pursue)
9. Order - Die (when HP <1)

What's next ?
1. Add a unit type - worker
2. Add building and one type of resource

Also implemented a simple fog of war, based on thegrid and radius of the unit, drawing on the surface. In the future, of course, will be modified.
COrder 2018-11-27 15-32-05-03.jpg

Last edited:

BG Games

Yes of course!
Difficulties have arisen, I am working on them, this project is being done more for fun, so there are no deadlines for readiness))

BG Games

is this project still alive?
I am reworking animation system and working on FSM.

I would like to make a system in which you can change the unit beyond recognition with a few mouse clicks, that is, work on the editor too.

Difficulties have arisen in creating a system within the framework of the concept of finite state machines, which will enable a unit to perform several actions while in one state, the state is understood as the execution of an order from a user or a computer.

For example, a unit is a tank with the main weapon in the form of a cannon and additional ones: 1) a machine gun on the tower; 2) anti-aircraft missile system.

thus a unit can attack multiple targets in any state, both on the move and in idle.

Modular system, I am thinking about how it can be better done on GM with the least cost in terms of resources and productivity