Team Request Silverdale

SethJones

UuJKanb.png

We're Hitspark a small indie studio, expanding into JRPG territory trying to shape a modern look on a classic JRPG: Chrono Trigger.

Silverdale is a 2-D Roleplaying Game that takes much inspiration from Diablo, Final Fantasy, and Chrono Trigger. Our goal is to make a replayable JRPG that has never been seen before!

This is one of our games.

We have a work in progress website.

As of right now, we're looking for:
  • 1 Level Designer
  • 1 Japanese Translator

Early Preview

Prototype build
https://silverdalegame.com/Silverdale.zip

If you feel like you have something to offer the team, feel free to send me a personal message here. If you're talented, we may bring you in onboard!

We already have a team, but we're expanding. As for payment, rev-share, and all that - please send me a personal message on what you're seeking. This is private and individuals may be paid, while others may be given rev-share. This will change in the future, but we hope some people will find the project interesting enough to give a chance. We're seeking people who are passionate about game development and classic JRPGs.

We use a private GitHub for all team-oriented tasks, Dropbox for resources, and Asana for tasks.

We have a Discord server! It has a lot about the game, make sure to check it out!
https://discordapp.com/invite/ApzmqzK

Last edited:
R

Rita.translator

Hi! Let me know if you need a translator - English to Italian!

If you're going to use borrowed artwork in your screenshots, please mention your sources. As famous as Chrono Trigger is, not everyone will be familiar with it. Some people will assume the art here is all created by you, which isn't fair to the original artists.

Even that aside, after seeing the Crono sprite with no credit given, I'm left wondering if any of this art here is yours, or if it's all placeholders, which makes it hard to get excited about this project - you're being unfair to yourself, too! ):

Friendly PSA, lol. Good luck with your work!

SethJones

The Chrono Trigger sprite and the dog face is a placeholder asset. Everything else is custom.

New update to Luna Concept Art!

Last edited:
Cool beans. You should put that disclaimer up top, for the reasons I mentioned. I honestly thought everything was borrowed because of those two pieces. :x

Last edited:

SethJones

We're looking for people. Updated main post. We've made a lot of progress on story, game design, and art. A lot of stuff like monsters and animations are coming from our sister studio that makes Nin Online.

SethJones

Bump. We've trialed RPG Maker and Godot Engine, we're sticking to Game Maker. A lot more of the game has been planned out and we're still going strong!

L

Lonewolff

Bump. We've trialed RPG Maker and Godot Engine, we're sticking to Game Maker. A lot more of the game has been planned out and we're still going strong!
Seems like you are jumping from forum to forum just to hype your RPG Maker game.

Most recent post on the RPG Maker forums.

We moved back from Game Maker due to lack of experience on my part. I'm not really a big fan of Game Maker, just thought it was easier to program in - which it wasn't for me.

Most recent post in your Discord.

We've switched back to RPG Maker MV. A lot of development is already finished!

Most recent video on Twitch.

Please correct me if I am wrong :)

SethJones

No - I realized that the scaling of sprites was bad. I was forced back to use Game Maker. I had a lot of work finished to prototype the game out.

L

Lonewolff

If I were the one of the '1-2 Game Programmers' you are trying to recruit, I'd be as nervous as hell being told the tool of choice is being changed on a weekly basis.

SethJones

If I were the one of the '1-2 Game Programmers' you are trying to recruit, I'd be as nervous as hell being told the tool of choice is being changed on a weekly basis.
It won't be changed again. I did all the programming work in RPG Maker MV. I like Javascript more than GML.

SethJones

Update. We're still making progress. Added more information and images.

Once the game gets farther along, we will open a thread in Game Maker about the game and provide more details.

OverLogic

I don't want to sound discouraging, this is a collaboration forum and you literally advertised your game in your last message, leaving that aside 4 messages above you said that you don't even like GML and that you're not using gamemaker you just want other positions also in a years work you've done a basic top down movement and some autotiling ?

Sorry but i feel like people will be scared to join such a project with only information coming out, i know i sound mean but i'm just trying give you some feedback.

SethJones

I don't want to sound discouraging, this is a collaboration forum and you literally advertised your game in your last message, leaving that aside 4 messages above you said that you don't even like GML and that you're not using gamemaker you just want other positions also in a years work you've done a basic top down movement and some autotiling ?

Sorry but i feel like people will be scared to join such a project with only information coming out, i know i sound mean but i'm just trying give you some feedback.
I actively work on the game in GML now. Just because I prefer Javascript doesn't mean I can't program in GML. GML is not even as hard as real programming languages like C/C++ or even C#. It's very easy to use and is not something I can't do.

As you can tell, I am not even asking for artists or programmers. Just one level designer and a translator. I'll quit updating this thread and make a new one next month. I've actively worked on a game for many years that makes more than most indie game developers. I have the experience to see a project to the end and am actively not seeking people to join unless they care about the game.

There's much more details in the Discord server. I'm still organizing the website and spending time on the GDD. I used to show more about the game here by showcasing the GDD, but I do not need much help anymore since we have an almost full team.

Last edited:
P

phil_wright

If you are still looking for a Level Designer I'd like to help with that.