Team Request Silverdale

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by SethJones, Jan 22, 2019.

1. SethJones

SethJones Member

UuJKanb.png

We're Hitspark a small indie studio, expanding into JRPG territory trying to shape a modern look on a classic JRPG: Chrono Trigger.

Silverdale is a 2-D Roleplaying Game that takes much inspiration from Diablo, Final Fantasy, and Chrono Trigger. Our goal is to make a replayable JRPG that has never been seen before!

Here's an overview of the game. This has a lot of details such as story and game design. We may be changing sprites to a similar style to that of our other game: Nin Online. Other than that, everything else about the game is fairly solid.

This is one of our games.
    https://www.ninonline.org/index.php

As of right now, we're looking for:
    • 1 Game Programmers
    • 1 Level Designer
    • 1 Game Artist
    • 1 Japanese Translator
    If you feel like you have something to offer the team, feel free to send me a personal message here. If you're talented, we may bring you in onboard!

We already have a team, but we're expanding. As for payment, rev-share, and all that - please send me a personal message on what you're seeking. This is private and individuals may be paid, while others may be given rev-share. This will change in the future, but we hope some people will find the project interesting enough to give a chance. We're seeking people who are passionate about game development and classical JRPGs.

We use a private GitHub for all team-oriented tasks and Dropbox for resources.

We have a Discord server!
    https://discordapp.com/invite/ApzmqzK

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. sp202

sp202 Member

Is the programmer a paid position?

3. SethJones

SethJones Member

We can pay if you do a loot of work and of course, we can do a payout to people who contributed a lot.
    https://www.ninonline.org/index.php
    We have another game which I am using my income from, to help fund the second game.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  4. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer Member

Hi,
    Hit me up if you need a pixel artist!

5. SethJones

SethJones Member

Sure thing! :) This game is an ambitious project, but our funding is low until Kickstarter.

6. Rita.translator

Rita.translator Member

Hi! Let me know if you need a translator - English to Italian!

7. SethJones

SethJones Member

At the moment we're full, but if you want to work on it for the experience just DM me.

8. RichHopefulComposer

RichHopefulComposer Member

If you're going to use borrowed artwork in your screenshots, please mention your sources. As famous as Chrono Trigger is, not everyone will be familiar with it. Some people will assume the art here is all created by you, which isn't fair to the original artists.

Even that aside, after seeing the Crono sprite with no credit given, I'm left wondering if any of this art here is yours, or if it's all placeholders, which makes it hard to get excited about this project - you're being unfair to yourself, too! ):

Friendly PSA, lol. Good luck with your work!

Lonewolff and EvanSki like this.
  9. SethJones

SethJones Member

The Chrono Trigger sprite and the dog face is a placeholder asset. Everything else is custom.

New update to Luna Concept Art!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  10. RichHopefulComposer

RichHopefulComposer Member

Cool beans. You should put that disclaimer up top, for the reasons I mentioned. I honestly thought everything was borrowed because of those two pieces. :x

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  11. SethJones

SethJones Member

We're looking for people. Updated main post. We've made a lot of progress on story, game design, and art. A lot of stuff like monsters and animations are coming from our sister studio that makes Nin Online.

12. SethJones

SethJones Member

Bump.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  13. SethJones

SethJones Member

Bump. We've trialed RPG Maker and Godot Engine, we're sticking to Game Maker. A lot more of the game has been planned out and we're still going strong!

14. Lonewolff

Lonewolff Member

Seems like you are jumping from forum to forum just to hype your RPG Maker game.

Most recent post on the RPG Maker forums.

Most recent post in your Discord.

Most recent video on Twitch.

[​IMG]

Please correct me if I am wrong :)

15. SethJones

SethJones Member

No - I realized that the scaling of sprites was bad. I was forced back to use Game Maker. I had a lot of work finished to prototype the game out.

16. Lonewolff

Lonewolff Member

If I were the one of the '1-2 Game Programmers' you are trying to recruit, I'd be as nervous as hell being told the tool of choice is being changed on a weekly basis.

17. SethJones

SethJones Member

It won't be changed again. I did all the programming work in RPG Maker MV. I like Javascript more than GML.

18. SethJones

SethJones Member

Prototype demo with movement. We switched art styles. Retro was decided on instead of super detailed sprites.