Demo Sigil of the Magi (Demo - seeking feedback!)

Yong

Hello everyone, I'm currently making a game that combines roguelike deck-building with turn-based tactics combat.
It is tentatively titled Sigil of the Magi. (might change in the future, but probably not)
My main sources of inspiration are Slay the Spire and Into the Breach, as well as the more old-school tactics games such as Fire emblem and Advance wars.

Try the DEMO on itch.io.

You control a party of three champions and traverse through procedurally generated maps, encountering battles and events along the way. Every encounter offers an opportunity to build up your deck of cards - which are essentially skills unique to each champion. Every champion has their own unique pool of cards and can only play a card that is theirs. By working together a party can pull off powerful combos that would not have been possible to achieve with just one champion.

A typical gameplay loop consists of winning a battle and drafting a new card into your deck.

Entering into combat from the overworld-map.

The game is still in a relatively early stage of iteration, everything is potentially subject to change and nothing you see here has been finalized. But I figured this would be a good time to put out a demo and get some feedback.

You can try out the demo HERE on itch.io. Please feel free to share any feedback you have.

You can also find me on -
Discord
Twitter
Instagram
Tumblr

Yong

@pixeltroid Thank you! The UI and icons will most likely be reworked in the future though.

@gnysek Wow, good eye! I used Wargroove as a reference for the units' proportion. Honestly surprised you could tell.

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your demo.

sigil.png

Took me few runs to really understand mechanics. It was pretty fun.
Very clear UI made planning moves easy. Maybe status effects could be shown little bit clearer on characters. Few times i had bleed status and i didnt notice it.
I got absolutely destroyed by bickering siblings when i didnt read their passive :D
Managed to beat some of the bosses, but difference between bosses seemed huge. That bandit chief was ridiculous with his constant summons.

binarypearl

One bug I found on a dual monitor setup:
Upon launch it's in a window on one monitor (good). If I check Fullscreen it goes to Fullscreen on 1 monitor correctly. But when I uncheck Fullscreen, it then flashes a lot and expands the game window over both monitors. If one gets into that situation, a simple close and relaunch of the game will put it back to one monitor.

Last edited:

Yong

@Yrbiax Thanks for playing! :D yeah, some things could certainly be clearer, still working on visual improvements. I agree with you about the bosses, the bandit chief seems a step above the others. I've already nerfed him a little in the latest update though so hopefully that will balance him out a little, but I'll probably have to make even more changes.

@Xer0botXer0 I've thought about speech bubbles stuff, but that's not a priority so it will probably be one of the last things to add.

@binarypearl I've been trying to figure this one out too, couldn't find any documentation regarding dual/multiple monitors. So it happened when you unchecked fullscreen huh, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the bug report!

@GhostLack Thank you! :)