Sidebar navigation menu

4-KINGS

Currently I am creating a navigation menu that slides out from the left side of the phone and can be slid back to hide it. Furthermore the navigation panel will have lots of parts so once opened (all the way to the right) it can then be scrolled up and down. The issue is, when its fully open to the right, I can scroll both up and down and also back to the left to close it. However if I slide it diagonally then I want it to only move in 1 direction. E.g. If I slide diagonally to close panel, it will choose to only move horizontally and not vertically. At the moment if I slide diagonally it moves in both directions in a diagonally fashion and immediately after realises to move horizontal. By this point however it has already scrolled slightly up or down and looks a bit unprofessional. Sorry for the code its also a bit messy atm. Global released = 0 (fully closed to left and hidden from sight), Global released = 1 (Moves in x axis), Global.released = 2 (Moves in y axis), Global released = 3 (Fully open to the right and can move in either axis)

Code:
//Set menu release depending on whether menu is open/closed
if mouse_check_button(mb_left) && global.y_movement = 1 && global.val_x = 1
{
global.released = 2
}

if !mouse_check_button(mb_left) && global.val_x = 0
{
global.released = 0
}

if mouse_check_button(mb_left) && global.val_x >= 0 && global.val_x < 1
{
global.released = 1
}

if !mouse_check_button(mb_left) && global.val_x = 1
{
global.released = 3
}

//Drag
if global.released = 1 || global.released = 3
{
x = min(max(mouse_x+xx,minx),maxx)
}

if global.released = 2 || global.released = 3
{
y = min(max(mouse_y+yy,miny),maxy)
}

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
My solution to this would be change all that code for a simple "switch". Get the direction (use point_direction) of the swipe direction and then round it up/down to the nearest 90º. Then simply have a switch that parses 0, 90, 180, 270 and react accordingly. ;)

4-KINGS

My solution to this would be change all that code for a simple "switch". Get the direction (use point_direction) of the swipe direction and then round it up/down to the nearest 90º. Then simply have a switch that parses 0, 90, 180, 270 and react accordingly. ;)
Ooohh that is a good idea I might have a go at that :)
Thankyou :D