• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Should I purchase the Android Module yet?

• Thread starter Vanavah Edwards
  • Start date
V

Vanavah Edwards

Hello:
I am designing my game for android mobile tablet devices only. I use the GameMaker professional version. I am designing my game in target: Windows and about 33% finish. Do I need to purchase the GameMaker android module to complete my design and sand boxing or should I wait until I am finish because the GameMaker module would automatically convert my windows design to android? I would really appreciate your advice.

Roa

Your code can be compiled to any platform you have an export for from the same code, of course there will be interface changes.

P

Paolo Mazzon

You can test with Android without the module, you just can't export. If you're a bit iffy on it, just test out your game on Android before getting the module.

acidemic

You can wait until they have some special SALE. Usually this happen in Summer (happening now) or just before Christmas (winter sale).