• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Should I buy GMS 2 From Steam

I found GMS2 is cheap on steam! Should I buy it?
I was waiting for a sale but its affordable price! (Desktop + mobile under ) $150 (in my currency rate its something like INR 10000)
I was saving money and recently I worked for my client and got enough money to buy these two export.
Suggestion please

I somewhere read the comment that now for GMS2 both steam key and yoyo game keys will work same (Got link to yoyo account)

Thanks
Shubham Bansod

rIKmAN

I found GMS2 is cheap on steam! Should I buy it?
I was waiting for a sale but its affordable price! (Desktop + mobile under ) $150 (in my currency rate its something like INR 10000)
I was saving money and recently I worked for my client and got enough money to buy these two export.
Suggestion please

I somewhere read the comment that now for GMS2 both steam key and yoyo game keys will work same (Got link to yoyo account)

Thanks
Shubham Bansod
Yeah if you link your Steam account to your YYG account in the settings then you can use both the Steam version and the standalone version.

Desktop and Mobile for under $150 is a great price - Mobile alone is showing as £303.99 ($409.99) for me but Steam prices based on location and India is usually one of the cheapest markets. It's the reason they stopped cross region gifting.

At that price I'd say go for it.

N

Noblezim711

You won't regret it! I'm an old timey GameMaker user, and GS2 is really starting to grow on me.

F

fridai

i like how on steam it shows how many hours i have spend in gms xD for me it is actually quite satisfying

rIKmAN

i like how on steam it shows how many hours i have spend in gms xD for me it is actually quite satisfying
You can see the same information inside the IDE if you go to Help > About.

I have 18 days 13hrs 2mins, but it counts when the IDE isn't even in focus so it isn't gonna be too accurate.
Not sure if Steam counts the same way or only when it is being actively used (which would be better).