Asset - Scripts SHOCKWAVE EFFECT!!!!! (GM:S 1.4 + GMS2)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
NocturneGames_AssetPage_Banner.png

GET IT HERE!

This asset provides an easy way to drop a spectacular "shockwave" effect into your game. This effect uses surfaces and primitives to create the effect (no shaders!), and can be used without any setting up or editing - simply import the scripts and effect object, then call the "shockwave_create()" script just as you would any other create function.

The effect is highly customisable and you can set the following parameters:

- radius -
- effect width -
- expansion speed -
- "push" of the distortion -
- colour blend -
- additive blending -

The asset also includes some "Extra" draw scripts, which are versions of the main draw script but only drawing specific parts or in specific ways. These do not have to be used and can be removed if required.

Don't forget to revise all the scripts and code in the demo project as it is heavily commented!

Niels

When I import the project (the scripts and shockwave object) to my project and place the shockwave object in my room i get the following error:
Variable obj_Shockwave.wave_alpha(100044, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_shockwave_draw (line 145) - image_alpha -= wave_alpha;

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
@Niels : Sorry you're having this issue... It appears that I have forgotten to include the wave_alpha variable in the Create Event of the obj_Shockwave stand-alone instance. So, open up the create event of that object, and simply add "wave_alpha = 1;" after all the rest of the variables. It should now work as expected and I'll update the asset to fix this. Sorry again!

Niels

@Niels : Sorry you're having this issue... It appears that I have forgotten to include the wave_alpha variable in the Create Event of the obj_Shockwave stand-alone instance. So, open up the create event of that object, and simply add "wave_alpha = 1;" after all the rest of the variables. It should now work as expected and I'll update the asset to fix this. Sorry again!
Np, works like a charm now!
Awesome effect