• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Shift the asset browser tab to the left side

konjecture

So, GMS 2 by default has the asset browser tab on the right side. I can of course click on the tab and drag it and put it on the left side (like most IDEs). My question is how do I make sure that it stays that way forever. I know I can Save the layout and then reload it next time when I start GMS 2, but I am looking to make this my default layout, so that it always starts in the modified layout. Any way to do this?

My other question is related to this - Sometimes when I close GMS 2 and open it the next day, it opens with all the windows/tabs from my previous session (which is great), however, sometimes it also opens with a clean slate with no tabs open. This seems to be (at least to me) random. Is there a way to figure out when it will open with the previous session and when it will open clean? I don't seem to do anything different when I exit GMS 2 in either case.

I'm using GMS 2 on Windows 10 with the latest updates. Thanks for the help.

Feel

i agree, it would be very nice to define our actual layout to the default layout.

and for the reset of your layout, i have the same problem, and i (maybe) figure it, when you are opening GMS2 and close without opening any project, next time you will open your project, the layout will be reset by default,
this is my observation, but idk if it's 100% sure :p