• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED shift and Rshift(right-shift), are they the same?

so for my title menu what i want is the player to click, enter for a new game, backspace to load, and Rshift to go to the options menu, but when i add an event for the options portion all i can find is shift, not Rshift, so does GMS2 consider shift and Rshift to be the same button in relation to programming

H

Homunculus

You can use a keyboard_check with vk_rshift, I don't see a specific event for that.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Both yes and no... Rshift and Lshift both change the shift state, but they're distinct with keyboard_check_direct (which checks the keyboard state directly instead of the GM key buffer), so you could use keyboard_check_direct to tell them apart. Note that it's a bit slower and also will capture key presses when the window doesn't have focus (so you might wanna do a check for window focus around in-game code to prevent annoying people).