Shaundi's World (3D Collect-A-Thon Shooter) - DISCORD

G

GloveGames

Really inspiring stuff, reminds me of Fur Fighters if it was on PS1.

I think shooting would feel cooler if the bullets were bigger and flashing or something

M

MrPr1993

Finally updated Shaundi's knife animation. She also has to throw one knfe at a time

M

MrPr1993

Qutie a view up here! Just set up a camera mode, which will become very useful for cutscenes

M

MrPr1993

Under the sea! Under the sea!

Well, fellas! I managed to figure out how to make sprites like the water transparent in SMF (for those who want to know, you have to make THEM the first ones created in the room; also, they CANNOT have shaders) and now I'm giving Shaundi the ability to swim underwater! Aw yeah!

Joe Ellis

Yeah with transparent objects they have to be rendered after everything else, if theyre drawn before, the depth test will not draw the objects behind it cus theres already something there that's in front of it

M

MrPr1993

4 things I recorded!
1 - The outfit closet; acts like a treasure chest of sorts, cept' it's for clothes~
2 - 2D Plants. And Shaundi.
3 - The spilling barrel
4 - Underwater Swimming, + Air Bubbles

M

MrPr1993

Oh, indeed! It'll take a while for me to figure out how to apply the effect when the camera rotates to under the water and below.

Joe Ellis

Cool, maybe you could do something like when she's in swimming mode, check if the camera is over\colliding with any water planes in 2d, set a "water_level", then check if it's below this,
that'd work with different water heights

M

MrPr1993

Hee hee, yeah! ^^

Something's very dark ahead...
OK! I'm attempting to apply lighting here. So far, I managed to put in the fog. But I need some light! Any thing or shader that could be useful for this? >w>;

M

MrPr1993

FINALLY set up the shadow FX! And look blood. That too is also affected by the enviroment

I now gotta update teh pause menu soon wit new things, so stay tuned!

M

MrPr1993

Had to get myself a new computer. It is fortunate I always make backups. Remember that!

Anyways, just to catch up, here's a lever switch thing. Not yet textured, as it has a placeholder. Yee!

M

MrPr1993

Ahhh the mini-boss room. And a cutscene! Still needs more tweaks on the area and text and hp and stuff but yea!

M

MrPr1993

Minigame in progress! (Gotta fix a few things and repalce those vases they're drinking from; they're placeholders)

M

MrPr1993

Well well well, it's been a while since I last visited here. I really should update this more often, cuz I've been doing a lot of work for these past months.
And here i show a number of videos to demonstrate what I've done!
The last one's recent, and so are these

Like I said, I came a loooong way. You can now blow enemies' heads off, there are now cutscenes, there are now things I fixed...

The game's almost ready for a demo. I jsut gotta fix and add some special stuffs and it'll be released around January or February! Wish me luck~​

My absolute favourite thing about this latest video, and the project in general, is just how professional it all comes across. I don't feel like I'm looking at some average attempt at making a basic 3D project in a primarily-2D engine, I'm looking at a proper, fully-fledged 3D game altogether. It's like watching a spinoff of Conker's Bad Fur Day, especially with the maturity. Honestly, the only piece of "criticism" I have is that I wish it had voice acting, but even then I'm not sure if the game would be better with it. It's projects like these that inspire me to keep pushing forward with my FPS. I'm so looking forward to the final release!

M

MrPr1993

Hahh I do wish it had voice acting but I'm not so sure how many Game Maker Studio could take UwU;