Shaundi's World (3D Collect-A-Thon Shooter) - DISCORD

M

MrPr1993

It ain't much, but here's something! I'm workin on~

Shaundi. A lil' game bout a killer rabbit. Currently, the thing I got so far for the is her dealing with a mob.

My goal here design-wise is to make it a 3rd person shooter. I remembered that I still had this account so I'll show what I done so far here.

Plus previous things I made:
Shaundi in a maid-like dress (all of her polygons' UV Mapping are all set so she can have different outfits)

A random enemy model. My models are done with a bit of SketchUp 8, Model Creator (for Import and textire mapping) and 3Danimator (for movement)

Soon, I gotta work on the weaponry and a few bugs. Wish me luck!

M

MrPr1993

Two machine guns! This'll actually be used so whenever she uses a double weapon, or throws a grenade in her animations. The model will be changed with another one.

Gamerev147

This is really cool! Developers that make 3D games deserve more credit, it's very difficult!
It looks create! I can't wait for a demo! :)

M

MrPr1993

I found out about Snidr's 3D engine and now I'm usin' it. I'll be updating this with a new model of Shaundi, seen above. And a new gun.

I gotta make a new area soon. And give it a N64 look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting - I feel you on this one, I am delving into 3D in GMS too in a game I have yet to share here (eventually).

But, I will say - just a passing opinion (don't put too much weight on it) - but your first couple screenshots with no textures and shading (just colors) almost look more interesting as a whole art style. Don't let me derail you from doing more texturing, but there might be something more valueable in the simple look than low res textures and basic shading.

Anywho - looks good either way, good luck!

M

MrPr1993

Thank you!

Preview of an enemy: a Weaselette. Yuki did the modeling; I did the texturing.

And right now, I'm workin' on a nightclub. It'll take a while (and to look for references for the design)

M

MrPr1993

(NOTE: HUD on the bottom left's only for decorative reasons - needed something to fill the screen up with)

Now I gotta figure out how to make the player be pushed around by the enemy and shoot em' down... (those who used Snidr's engine may tell me tips if ya'll want to >w<)

M

MrPr1993

It's been a while; and I gotta keep up updating with stuff

TheSnidr

Heavy metal viking dentist
GMC Elder
This looks incredibly promising! When do you think you'll have a playable demo?

M

MrPr1993

Pardon ze late reply! Yeah; I stiiiiiilll gotta figure out how to make the engine good enough to become playable~

M

MrPr1993

Placin' dis update here... gonna try and work on a speech system~ and some other new changes. Oh! And here's a new model now! A military poodle!

K

Kobold

Getting some real Conker's Bad Fur Day vibes from this :D Really nice, good job ^^
yeah! It's like RAREWARE all over.... Cute things giving each other a spanking, haha

I was thinking about implementing the Snidr Model Format pipeline too, but it didn't work out for me as I have my own model compression that applies an LOD algorithm on export (this way every frame is having a different poly count)... sadly you can not apply the bone weight concept this way. But for the future I might make use of it, very awesome.

Big PLUS for implementing this!

M

MrPr1993

yeah! It's like RAREWARE all over.... Cute things giving each other a spanking, haha

I was thinking about implementing the Snidr Model Format pipeline too, but it didn't work out for me as I have my own model compression that applies an LOD algorithm on export (this way every frame is having a different poly count)... sadly you can not apply the bone weight concept this way. But for the future I might make use of it, very awesome.

Big PLUS for implementing this!
AWWWWW YES. I'm glad I got to continue this >w<

Morendral

Nice to see a few snippets of gameplay on this.

Quick observation though, it looks like your East and West are reversed on your minimap

M

MrPr1993

Nice to see a few snippets of gameplay on this.

Quick observation though, it looks like your East and West are reversed on your minimap
Hm... I better get in mind to fix that. =w= Thanks for pointing that out!

wadaltmon

What format are you using for your animations, and how are you running them in GM? I'm interested to know. EDIT: Just saw you're using Snidr's extension. Next question still stands.

Also, GMS 1 or 2?

M

MrPr1993

What format are you using for your animations, and how are you running them in GM? I'm interested to know. EDIT: Just saw you're using Snidr's extension. Next question still stands.

Also, GMS 1 or 2?
GMS1. I wish I could use 2, Buuuuuut this PC can't take it. XwX;

Joe Ellis

This looks super cool! I love low poly stuff like this, the best character is that green dog thing in the mask outfit

M

MrPr1993

Green mask-oh! Bombshell Poodle, eh? She's wearing sunglasses X3

Bap! New enemy; Weaselman! And bit of Weaselette update... need to make things a lot more cartoonier here.

NOW I must set up more stuff! Like giving both weasels their own attacks and weapons; Weaselman uses bat, Weaselette uses gun. And giving this location textures and give Shaundi new moves!

M

MrPr1993

AAAAH ow I remember! XD

Hm I'm actually gonna reuse this old design for another character. His model will be remodified so it can look good for the game. ^^.

M

MrPr1993

NOW she has to be careful not to fall from higher places. I later will set up the max. fall. That height's too short.

And after that, I made a new HP.

M

MrPr1993

Hm I still need to make new moves and animations for Shaundi soon~

EDIT: Also updated the menu a bit. It still needs more stuff to be put in ^w^

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MrPr1993

One of Shaundi's idle animations - Now with new facial animations
(gah arm clip!)

M

MrPr1993

Menu in progress! Currently: Settings

The game's compatible with the controller now ^^

M

MrPr1993

A knife throwing enemy's created! The Weaselsharp!

And Shaundi can stand on tables now. Separate collisions!

And now this:
-I'm looking for anyone who wants to try out my prototype. Those interested PM me! I just hope your computer can take it!

M

MrPr1993

Updating the enemy's AI. Now they have the interaction mode. Until Shaundi gets close or they get hit, they will laze around Also, they have their firing animation updated. Still needs more tweaks.