• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Shattered Stars Team Looking for Members

S

shmupgame

[Update:]
Demo Version 01.01.10

We are making a vertical shooter with local 2 player co-op and some controller support. The completed game will have 5-7 levels to play through (each with it's own boss) as well as improvements and additions to gameplay. We work at a casual pace and enjoy creating something fun. When the game has made certain milestones we have plans to submit it for Steam Greenlight as well as other gaming sites. If you are looking for experience or to have your talent showcased in a video game and feel that you can be an asset to this project, reply or send a pm.

We now have teamates contributing to:

Programming
Sound Effects
Vocals
Art
Playtesters

We are currently still looking for:

Artist - Any combination of player and enemy sprites, effects, menus, UI and backgrounds.
Audio - Any combination of stage and boss music, title and menu music, sound effects and vocals.
Playtesters - Still looking for people to spend a little time playing and communicating their observations.

FREE copy of Abyss Odyssey to 1 random person from the first 25 entries that fill out a small 3 question form. Here is the form, you must use a valid email address in order to receive the game in the event you are chosen.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aaron Kendrick

Hello! I can't help you with what you asked as I am a fellow programmer, but I could help on making your game multiplayer online if that is something you would like.

You can contact me more easily on Discord: https://discord.gg/FJ3KcXN

S

shmupgame

Hello! I can't help you with what you asked as I am a fellow programmer, but I could help on making your game multiplayer online if that is something you would like.

You can contact me more easily on Discord: https://discord.gg/FJ3KcXN
Aaron,
Thank you for the offer that's awesome of you! I have considered online co-op but at this point in the project I am not ready to support it. I would like to contact you some time, I have some questions regarding your general approach to multiplayer.

I hope you played and liked the demo. :)

A

Aaron Kendrick

Have you contacted me?
I will download and play your demo now xD

EDIT: Well I played it. I think its a good start. It reminds me of my first HUGE project I worked on (but never finished): Void
Defiantly needs some improvement though, as it seems impossible to dodge anything with that huge hitbox.

S

shmupgame

Thanks for trying it out. The hitbox is precise to the ship for the time being because it is a placeholder for more permanent art. I have adjusted the collision masks of some of the enemies and their bullets to be more precise, this should help in some of those tight spots. Also, I have contacted you through Discord and look forward to hearing from you.

S

shmupgame

Link to new version up top.

Still looking to collaborate with someone. You can be seasoned at what you do or someone who is looking for more experience or who wants their talents showcased in a video game.

Looking for:
  • Artist for sprites
  • Artist for backgrounds
  • Music composer for background music
  • Effects composer for sound effects and possibly voice
  • Or any combination of these

Change log 01.01.09:
  • Controller deadzone code moved (in case controller is off at game launch)
  • Added scoring to bullet collisions
  • Created an object generator
  • Fixed the bullet sprite for player 2
  • Space candy now moves at variable speeds
  • Added power-up and continue sounds
  • Fixed bug in power-up collision and removed some redundant code
  • Adjusted some enemy and projectile collision masks
  • Enlarged player bullet sprites
  • Any keyboard key now skips the controls info screen
  • Adjusted various pieces of code

S

shmupgame

Version 01.01.10 is out. We have new members but are still looking for more. Join our team and lets make a fun shooter.

S

shmupgame

Do you still need an an artist, i can do that!
Yes we are still looking for an artist. I would love to see some of your work and talk with you more. PM me with some info and/or questions and I will respond as soon as I can. I will be in and out for the rest of the night but I will keep my eyes open for your message.

R

R34LD34L

I dont know if this will grab your interest but, ive been programming for 8 - 9 years. Ive made an mmo called beryl and have been doing networking for a while now. I also create some cool AI and can be of assistance if needed. I can show off some of my work if you would like just skype me @R34LD34L

G

Guest User

I can possibly fill your 'background artist' position, depending on what art style you're going for (pixel art, vector art, painted art...?), and I can likely fill your background music composer position, although that also slightly depends on what style/genre you're going for. =]

I must, however, admit that I don't have many examples of my work, as after a recent incident with my hard drive I lost many of my files. :/

C

Coconums

If you still need a music artist, I'd be very willing to help you out. I'd also like to playtest the game as well, but I'm sure that's a part of the job as well. I've been writing and recording music for about 7 years now.

Here's my Soundcloud. I have a few "joke" tracks on there, but I do a lot of serious music. I've done mostly things that are either completely electronic, or completely instrument and vocals, though I have done a mix of both.

I hope you consider me for working on audio for this project. Thank you for your time!

R

Richard Mountain

Afternoon,

I'd be up for some play testing, I'm not very experienced with GMS but I'm learning :) so I wouldn't be any good as a programmer.

S

shmupgame

Good to see some people willing to help! I will be starting private conversations with some of you shortly. Thank you for the replies and interest in the game and keep them coming if you are interested in joining the team.

Z

zminusone

Hey I could maybe help out with SFX, get back to me via PM.

Samples of my work can be heard on my website: http://www.zminusone.com/

Here's a short sound-effects demo I made recently:

Take care and good luck!

S

shmupgame

Still looking for team members. Also, we still haven't reached the 25 person limit on the game giveaway, check the bottom of the OP to register.