1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha Shadowforged - Graphics Tool

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by mikix, Nov 27, 2019.

1. mikix

mikix Member

Hi. Shadowforged is an auto generator for sprites that put their layers in a formation that works well with rocks, grass and things like that. Don't feel much creative and layering stuffs? Let Shadowforge do the job!

Shadowforged Alpha v0.5 is ready for download here if you want to test it out. I'm curious to know what you can make with it.

How it works:
    When you start the client, it prompts you to open a file. Open a graphical file and then press on "Replace tile.png".

Mouse scroll to zoom in or out.

Press button 1 or 2 before you start layering to choose how much seperation you want for the sprite layers. If you chose 2 but want 1, restart the client.

Download the alpha here: https://mibli.itch.io/shadowforge

Alpha v0.6
    • You can now put shadows on your layers. And you can make realistic photos into cel shaded this way too.
    • Now you can open the file directly to the editor, instead of replacing it manually in the folder.
    • You can now decide the position of the image with Left Mouse Button or you can do it with button 1 and 2.
    • When pressing the S button to save, you can save the screenshot to the folder you pick.

I would love to see what you can make with Shadowforge and your feature wishlist for Shadowforge.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019 at 11:48 AM
  2. mikix

mikix Member

Edit: Not relevant anymore.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  3. mikix

mikix Member

It's starting to lag even beyond 1000 surface square. But, my painting software is heading somewhere at least. I'm new to making programs, but it's really fun.

Here are samples of rocks. This first picture is handpainted by a professional artist, and the other is engineered by Shadowforge.
    shadowforgesample.png screenshotsscreenshot_7.png

4. mikix

mikix Member

Edit: Not relevant anymore.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  5. IGameArt

IGameArt Member

Your first post is lacking some important information. What kind of project are you working in and what are the end goals? Is this a diablo clone, or are you taking this someplace completely different?

sitebender and mikix like this.
  6. mikix

mikix Member

Thanks for reminding me to edit the first post because I've changed a lot. I'm not using tilesets any more but sprites.

7. mikix

mikix Member

Update:

Added zoom in and out future.
    Made it possible to pan the camera with left mouse button.
    You can now choose between two tasks, layer seperation mini and layer seperation medium.

What I did with rocks I googled:
    screenshotsscreenshot_8.png

8. mikix

mikix Member

Some more new stuffs you can make with Shadowforge
    screenshotsscreenshot_6.png

9. mikix

mikix Member

Alpha v0.6
    • You can now put shadows on your layers. And you can make realistic photos into cel shaded this way too.
    • Now you can open the file directly to the editor, instead of replacing it manually in the folder.
    • You can now decide the position of the image with Left Mouse Button or you can do it with button 1 and 2.
    • When pressing the S button to save, you can save the screenshot to the folder you pick.

I would love to see what you can make with Shadowforge and your feature wishlist for Shadowforge.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019 at 11:45 AM