Released Shadowforge - Graphics Tool

mikix

Hi. Shadowforge is a sandbox painting software for sprites that put their layers in a formation that works well with rocks, grass and things like that. You can import any image you want to Shadowforge and draw with it. Don't feel much creative and layering stuffs? Let Shadowforge do the job!

Shadowforge v1.1a is ready for download here if you want to test it out. I'm curious to know what you can make with it.

Download it here: https://mibli.itch.io/shadowforge

Release 1.1a.

I would love to see what you can make with Shadowforge and your feature wishlist for Shadowforge.

I've made Shadowforge open source. Take a look here: https://github.com/miblient/shadowforge

Last edited:

IGameArt

Your first post is lacking some important information. What kind of project are you working in and what are the end goals? Is this a diablo clone, or are you taking this someplace completely different?

mikix

Your first post is lacking some important information. What kind of project are you working in and what are the end goals? Is this a diablo clone, or are you taking this someplace completely different?
Thanks for reminding me to edit the first post because I've changed a lot. I'm not using tilesets any more but sprites.

mikix

Update:

Added zoom in and out future.
Made it possible to pan the camera with left mouse button.
You can now choose between two tasks, layer seperation mini and layer seperation medium.

What I did with rocks I googled:
screenshotsscreenshot_8.png

mikix

Alpha v0.6
  • You can now put shadows on your layers. And you can make realistic photos into cel shaded this way too.
  • Now you can open the file directly to the editor, instead of replacing it manually in the folder.
  • You can now decide the position of the image with Left Mouse Button or you can do it with button 1 and 2.
  • When pressing the S button to save, you can save the screenshot to the folder you pick.

I would love to see what you can make with Shadowforge and your feature wishlist for Shadowforge.

Last edited:

mikix

Alpha v0.7

• Added a dock for saved images.
  • Added undo and redo commands.
  • Sprite blending.
  • Scale, rotate and move.
  • Saving now saves without the menu text.
  • Four canvas presets.
  • Transparent background.

I should probably add drawing freely with whatever file you choose instead of only stamping some time in the future.

mikix

Made with Shadowforge Alpha v0.7.

Do you want to make that trinket that saves the case in your detective game?

Maybe you want something spooky and really dark? (This kind of texture has been removed from Shadowforge).

Shadowforge works with pixel too. Look at these scales!

Yal

GMC Memer
GMC Elder
I feel like a lot of information is missing in the opening post, like... does it use only built-in images, or can you import anything you want and use that?

Also, the magenta background color just is eye-hurtingly bright. You should probably make a feature that makes it configurable (and maybe a "grid" feature so it's easier to tell what parts are transparent)

mikix

I feel like a lot of information is missing in the opening post, like... does it use only built-in images, or can you import anything you want and use that?

Also, the magenta background color just is eye-hurtingly bright. You should probably make a feature that makes it configurable (and maybe a "grid" feature so it's easier to tell what parts are transparent)
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. :) I updated the post, but most of the information is on the itch website. You can choose between magenta, white and black background. Noted down grid feature.

Edit: Also noted down configurable background colors.

mikix

I added in the grid background but configurable background color will have to wait for some time.

mikix

Release 1.0.
  • Added grid background.
  • You can horizontally and vertically tile sprites together and if you miss a space the sprite will scale to fill that void.
  • Added zoom indicator.
  • Added flipping of images.
  • Added layers/depths.
  • Added color picking.
  • Added color indicator.
  • Added free hand drawing.

mikix

V1.1a

Fixed a lot of things and removed unneccessary things. It's a QoL improvement, because some stuff were using only one layer and the very much needed erase tool is there now. It doesn't show itself as transparent, which I am hoping to fix in the future.