• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Shaders rendering incorrectly with Hardware Acceleration off

R

radnom

Hi,

I'm having some issues rendering some shaders in my HTML5 game. On some devices, and in web browsers that have hardware acceleration off, a shader that is intended to be a blur instead appears as weird lines.

At the start of the game I check shaders_are_supported() and then shader_is_compiled(shader) as well as webgl_enabled. All three of these return true, however the shader still renders incorrectly.

Is there a way to check if hardware acceleration is enabled? Or is there some other way to check if the shader is going to render correctly? If the browser doesn't support it as intended I'd rather just simply not show the blur.

The attached shader_problem.png shows the issue. Everything outside of the circle is meant to be blurry. In most browsers it looks correct, however on some devices it looks like this.

Thanks.

Attachments