• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Shaders not working on android

S

sharpie89

I've searched on google, but I couldn't find anything on this.

None of the shaders I'm using are working on android, however on windows they do work. What might be the cause and how can I fix it?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
WHat format are the shaders in? They need to be GLSL ES for Android. Also, what do you mean by they're not working? Do you get an error? Does anything happen? Are you checking they compile using shader_is_compiled? Does your device support shaders? Have you tested using YYG shaders (which you can test by getting the Dungeon Demo - not the LITE one! - from the Demos page on start)?

Seriously, with such a vague request for help it's impossible for us to say what the exact issue could be, so please give more details...

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
We have found a missing manifest issue on Android that will disable the shaders. I'll get someone on Monday to post the text and you can add it into the manifest yourself for now.

S

sharpie89

We have found a missing manifest issue on Android that will disable the shaders. I'll get someone on Monday to post the text and you can add it into the manifest yourself for now.
So did the guy fix it?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
We're looking at a small update to fix a couple of things, this is one of them.

S

sharpie89

I saw that there was a new runtime, tested out shaders, now they work! Thanks!