• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Shaders don't compile

T

_ttu

Hi,

I've run into a strange issue with my project, created with GMS 1.4: some Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PCs can't compile GLSL ES/HLSL 9 shaders.

First I check shaders_are_supported() and get 'true' as a response on both PCs. Then I do shader_is_compiled() for both shaders (GLSL ES and HLSL 9). And that's where the problem is. My PC returns true, but the PC of another person, which I don't have direct access to, returns false for both of shaders (as well as HLSL 11).

I'm not really competent with shaders, but I suppose it may be related to video card compatibilities.

According to dxdiag, my PC videocard is Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics, and other PC's card is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER.
DirectX on the other PC was updated. DirectX Version: DirectX 12 on both PCs.

I'd be glad if someone could help to clarify it to me. Perhaps, there's no other way, but just migrate my project to GMS2...

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I don't know if it can be relevant, but in the Required SDK's it says that you need DirectX 11 to run games on Windows, you can try to download it manually from the Microsoft website. A person who tested a game of mine also had a problem like that and solved it like this.