• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Shader Error

C

Charyb

D3DXCompile failed - result

############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Object_obj_shader_greyscale_Draw_64 (line 26)
Does an error like this basically mean their computer does not support shaders?

I've had a few people play my game complain that this error pops up.

I don't mind disabling this shader, but this shader isn't even being used to where this person described.

For example this error happened on the menu for this person, I'm not using this shader at all on the menu.

P

Paolo Mazzon

I don't own your game on Steam, but I'm assuming you're not shipping the DirectX runtime with it; which you should be since it is needed to run your game. (And Steam will then auto install it for those who don't have it.)

Dan1

I don't own your game on Steam, but I'm assuming you're not shipping the DirectX runtime with it; which you should be since it is needed to run your game. (And Steam will then auto install it for those who don't have it.)
I'm having the same problem with my game - I think what you've said will solve it - do you know how I should ship DirectX runtime with my game? This would mean I'd have to use an installer rather than a single runtime executable, right?