• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Setting up the remote worker on VirtualBox VM

Coded Games

So has anyone been able to setup the remote worker on a VirtualBox VM running Windows 10? There must be some setting that I'm missing because I have been able to set it up using a Windows 10 installation in Parallels.

I'm not that experienced with Windows anymore, what setting on my network or in Windows that may be preventing this from working.

I have the remote worker installed in Windows, I have gotten it's IP, I enter it into GMS2 on MacOS and every time it says that there was a problem connecting to the worker.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Dog Slobber

I think the best way to ensure connectivity between your Mac and Windows guest is to set it to Bridged networking.

• On Virtual Box set to Bridged
  • Ensure it gets a DHCP address similar to your Mac host.
  • ie if your Mac is 192.168.1.100 your Windows Guest should be similar 192.168.1.107
  • Ensure your Windows firewall is turned off
  • Before attempting to set up your remote worker ensure you can ping the Windows guest.