• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Setting up Texture Groups

zingot

I am presently using a 2048x2048 texture page within the GGS properties for both Android and iOS. I have a world tilesheet imported with 64x64 tiles and will surely be texture page swapping when other world tilesheets are included. For this reason I intend creating texture groups and subsequent parent-->child relations based upon what will be needed across the whole project and for each specific section.

This flow diagram depicts (roughly) the groups and sub-groups I will setup and assign my specific art assets to. Before I spend time setting this up does anyone know if the following rules apply. In my flow chart I'm presuming the top component (in this case font+UI) would be duplicated onto the texture pages generated for menu tileset+sprites. Also in this example I presume font+UI and player sprite+collision assets are duplicated onto the texture pages generated for each world tileset to prevent texture swapping in-game which can affect performance.

Let me know if I'm way off in my presumption of how texture groups work.